Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, since english is not my native tongue, i just wanna make sure i have a full understanding of which wheels/rims will fit on my "ZX-6R 1998".

I'm about to remake the bike into a streetfighter and then i will need black rims, the ones i have today are green.

EBAY currently do not have any listings fitting the ZX-6R per se, but maybe a zx9r or zx7r will fit.

I just need to get a somewhat "clearer" confirmation on which rims would fit.

P.S preferably direct swap.

i would very much appreciate an answer either here or in my message box!

Thank you and well met! / Kim Nordqvist

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Quick question, since english is not my native tongue, i just wanna make sure i have a full understanding of which wheels/rims will fit on my "ZX-6R 1998".

I'm about to remake the bike into a streetfighter and then i will need black rims, the ones i have today are green.

EBAY currently do not have any listings fitting the ZX-6R per se, but maybe a zx9r or zx7r will fit.

I just need to get a somewhat "clearer" confirmation on which rims would fit.

P.S preferably direct swap.

i would very much appreciate an answer either here or in my message box!

Thank you and well met! / Kim Nordqvist
Well, Kim, I can't offer any advice on the rims but please be aware that native tongue or not you've got better command of English than half of the native speakers on this forum. :laugh

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha lol, just registered and i already love you guys!!

Well yea platidip is a good advice, i read about it in many other forums.

The problem is that i am an amateur, and i know that if i try to do a paint job on my own it will result in something like a 14 year old kids graphitti offer.

So i really need it to be good looking since im rebuilding it, and all the other parts (fairing kit, headlight and backlight will be new and fresh.

I'll show you some of the parts just to bring you more into it.

Fairing kit:
Wholesale ZX6R 98 99 - Buy ZX6R 1998 1999 For Kawasaki Black 98-99 Ninja ZX-6R 1998-1999 98 99 1998-1999 ZX-6R 1998-1999 98 99 ABS Fairing Set Plastic Kit 01 AAA, $361.01 | DHgate

Headlight:
Black LED Headlight Street Fighter Dirt Bike for CBR F4i XR CRF Ninja EX250 Zx6r | eBay

Tail light:
New Clear Integrated LED Tail Light Signals for Kawasaki zx6r zx9r ZX900 ZZR600 | eBay

So any information you possibly have about this rim/wheel thing would be much appreciated, since there are no retail stores for this wheel (atleast not in sweden).

P.S i also need a black tank... Though i might have a relative who can vinyl wrap it for me, haven't asked her yet though, but i atleast hope i have that problem solved already :)

Haha thanks for the quick answers guys. Have a great day/night!
/ Kim

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Haha lol, just registered and i already love you guys!!

Well yea platidip is a good advice, i read about it in many other forums.

The problem is that i am an amateur, and i know that if i try to do a paint job on my own it will result in something like a 14 year old kids graphitti offer.

So i really need it to be good looking since im rebuilding it, and all the other parts (fairing kit, headlight and backlight will be new and fresh.

I'll show you some of the parts just to bring you more into it.

Fairing kit:
Wholesale ZX6R 98 99 - Buy ZX6R 1998 1999 For Kawasaki Black 98-99 Ninja ZX-6R 1998-1999 98 99 1998-1999 ZX-6R 1998-1999 98 99 ABS Fairing Set Plastic Kit 01 AAA, $361.01 | DHgate

Headlight:
Black LED Headlight Street Fighter Dirt Bike for CBR F4i XR CRF Ninja EX250 Zx6r | eBay

Tail light:
New Clear Integrated LED Tail Light Signals for Kawasaki zx6r zx9r ZX900 ZZR600 | eBay

So any information you possibly have about this rim/wheel thing would be much appreciated, since there are no retail stores for this wheel (atleast not in sweden).

P.S i also need a black tank... Though i might have a relative who can vinyl wrap it for me, haven't asked her yet though, but i atleast hope i have that problem solved already :)

Haha thanks for the quick answers guys. Have a great day/night!
/ Kim
Just hang tight for a moment and you'll get a flood of advice on plastidip. There are quite a few here who have used it (who aren't pros) to great effect. I'm going to try it based on what I've seen here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, well i'll think on it some, and look up some other projects, maybe get some tips on how to actually apply it without screwing anything up miserably.

But i guess the good thing with plastidip is that if you mess up you can always just scrape it off and redo it :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh i must add!!

Just got to think of this, if i use plastidip on rims. Wont that color just bust off when i drive on dirty roads etc? i mean it's not permanent, i don't want it to be driveable for 2 hours and then it looks like a spotted dalmatine.. haha :)

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Ok, well i'll think on it some, and look up some other projects, maybe get some tips on how to actually apply it without screwing anything up miserably.

But i guess the good thing with plastidip is that if you mess up you can always just scrape it off and redo it :)
Strider has my current favorite color scheme on his bike and he's done it in plastidip. I think he's done other colors as well if I recall.

You can find his username in this thread if you want to hit him up.

http://zx6r.com/ninja-6-month/53395-march-2014-6otm-nominations.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts