Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm pretty new with my zx6r.. its an 98 mod.. but it dont like wheelies.. it dont want to be pulled up.. i owned a zxr750r before and it took wheelies when you pulled the trottle.. do your bikes do wheelies? any trix to give me?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Try this....get going in first at about 30mph(50kmh) then close the throttle and then quickly snap it open hard at the same time give a tug on the bars. That should get her up,try to keep your arms bent and not to tense,grip the tank with your knees and keep your right foot hovering over your brake peddle just in case she comes up to far. If she does,apply the "REAR" brake and bring her back down.Practice this some were away from traffic and wear your safety gear!!. Good luck to ya! :thumbup

·
Registered
503 Posts
yep, 50kmh in first, shut throttle then SNAP it open again, she'll come up.
REMEMBER to keep that back brake covered though...........

Don't use the clutch to go up the 'box when on one wheel, you'll flip it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
i'll give it a go also have done a few power wheelies not meaning too thats fun ,is this the way you all bring it up or do you also clutch it up ,i've been told to clutch it up by holding it at 3000 revs and release the clutch and up she comes?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ya! you can do power wheelies,its pretty hard on your clutch though. Makes it wear out a lot quicker.:dowhat
Would rather wear out and replace the clutch than the gear box itself....either way, wheelies are hard on your bike, but the Kawis are built pretty tough, so unless your stunting it everyday I wouldnt worry too much about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts