Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since there is no stunt school anywhere near me,

you guys wanna help me SAFELY learn how to do a wheelie? start small work my way up, that kinna thing. i seen a couple of guys do them and blow past me and i am getting jealous so you wanna give me some pointers before i have a heart attack trying without hurting myself or more importantly my bike haha.

seriously though, any tips?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Any tips?

Buy something cheaper to practice on so you don't wad your good bike up.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol i knew you were scold me man

i *knew* it

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
lol i knew you were scold me man

i *knew* it
I was serious, practice on a POS. Not your good bike :)

If I was going to scald you I would have said 10K in 1st dump the clutch, told you "I didn't like your bike" :laugh

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay say i have a POS.

now what do i do.

i mean i *know* waht to do but i never done it. tips?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am at the same point that you are. What I am doing is learning how clutch up a wheelie in first gear at about 15 mph or so. Im not to balance point yet, but Im taking baby steps.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
exactly. baby steps.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Go to an industrial area with a long straight.. bring some friends and a truck just incase.. and so they can call 911 if they need to.

Just act as if your are taking off in first gear and slip the clutch a bit longer and give a bit more gas.. do this slowly and the bike will stand up quickly so start off slowly giving it more gas and more clutch each time. this takes throttle control. If it goes up too quick get of the gas and do over .. also cover the rear break just in case.

The clutch method keeps the speed down and gets the bike up quickly..

you could just gas it up to about 10k and let off the gas and get back on and she will stand up too however you will be going quit fat at that point.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would suggest learning to power it up first before you clutch it up, since for me that is a little easier. Clutching it is a lil better tho cause like faster said you don't have to be moving so fast to get it up. Practice practice practice, wear your gear and keep that back brake covered.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
to power it up you just get the rpm's up, get off the throttle then quickly get back on, correct>?

where should my ass be during all this? back of the seat?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Seems like my 07 needs more low end power in order to stand it up without slipping the clutch. Getting up to 60 mph before i'm able to do a power wheelie doesn't seem to safe or easy for that matter.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice avatar

thug life is a good life

·
Registered
764 Posts
gearing :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
second gear wheelies are easier to control but speed can be a little scary. Just try bouncing the throttle a little bit at a time in first gear, it'll come up slow at first. be safe and wear gear and don't try to learn on the streets, find an empty parking lot or something.

·
Registered
234 Posts
do be carefull wit the clutch... to little rpm and u get nothing a look like a major noob... but to much rpm u may find your self on ypur back watching you bike slid wit tears in your eyes... Im at the same point... been working on it for a coupke months and Ive come close to loosing it all... but safe sof ar

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd have to agree with clutching it up in second, it is better to learn in as it won't come up nearly as fast on you.
Don't worry about going slow in first gear and trying that. It will be easier to start in 2nd.
Gearing would definately help.
I have-1/+2 on my 99 and it'll stand up no problem.
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I CAN SAY TO YOU IS COVER THE REAR BRAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts