Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
hi all,i am currently building a streetfighter and have zx6r f forks to go in it and i am trying to find a front wheel to go in them and was wondering if its just the 6r wheel that fits or will a 7or 9 r wheel fit
If i cant get an answer here from you experts then there is no hope:hail
cheers wozza

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Hi Wozza!

I can't help you but I changed your topic name to something a little more relevant to your question. You'll get more interest this way and it's easier to find later. Welcome to the Zone! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
hmm been looking on the ron ayres site and from what i can work out only the 6r f model wheel will fit

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
zx9 fo the same year should fit.. A mate of mine stuffed his 99zx6r front wheel into a cutter and put a zx9 from the same year on and works well

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys at least i have another option,i suppose any wheel that has the same size spindle could be made to fit,why the f model forks? because they fit straight into my slabside yokes and were cheap and they are not as outdated as whats in there(1986 gsxr 1100):)
cheers but keep them coming
wozza

·
Registered
55 Posts
zx9 fo the same year should fit.. A mate of mine stuffed his 99zx6r front wheel into a cutter and put a zx9 from the same year on and works well
interesting as it shouldnt, a 99 6r runs a 25mm wheel spindle where as a 99 9r runs a 20mm wheel spindle however a 2001/2002 9r wheel would fit as that is a 25mm wheel spindle. However this is for an f model 6r which is pre 97 so the only ones that i think would stand a chance are zxr's and b model 9's but i cant find out for sure if they are the same

1 - 8 of 8 Posts