Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I got my bike awhile ago, the wheels where pretty dirty, I've tried cleaning it with just a microfiber cloth but it didn't really remove anything. Ie read on some other sites People use goo gone. Has anyone used that for their wheels, or can recommend a wheel cleaner?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Use soap and water, for sticky stuff and grease use soft degreaser, then WAX!!!! Next time the cleaning will be effortless! I have gloss black wheels and they look gorgeous once washed and waxed! And after every ride just use soft cloth to wipe the dust off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I forgot who said it first but I believe it was on this forum!! USED DRYER SHEETS!! I thought it wouldn't work but takes grime off pretty good!!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I forgot who said it first but I believe it was on this forum!! USED DRYER SHEETS!! I thought it wouldn't work but takes grime off pretty good!!
+1!!! Works fantastic!!!!!! I think it was power groove who mentioned it first?

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
+1

Best thing ever! Then I'll hit 'em with a little wax after they're clean. :D

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
interesting.. Never knew that! Will have to svae them up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I collect them now. It works great for the little splatter from the chain wax.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Simple green gets my vote. Going to try dryer sheets though!

·
Banned
220 Posts
WD-40 is amazing nothing else comes close. I use it for my whole bike

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never would have thought to use dryer sheets at all, some videos on youtube showed wd-40, looked pretty good. I bought a wheel cleaner, didn't realize it said not for motorcycle use untill I got home, guess I'll leave that for when I get a car.

What kind of wax do you use for the wheels, the same as the fairings?

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I use engine degreaser and water on the rims when they are really crappy. Honda polish when they just need a quick touch up. Also, I use Honda polish on the fairings most of the time for quick touch ups. I use soap and water every month or two.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts