Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my '97 ZX-6F into dynamometer, and here's the result:

Things done in the bike:
- carburettor and fuel system cleaned throughout
- micron slipover fitted with tight noise killer
- new spark plugs

What do you think that can be done to my bike to make it run smoother, that dent around 8k rpm isn't normal, isn't it? Could it be running too rich? What kind of effect do noise killers normally apply to dyno charts? Sadly, the dynamometer was on a motorshow, and I can't do another run on it, until maybe next year :/

Thanks in advance for comments and i would like to see your dyno charts too. Specially older carburettor models would be interesting :colgate:

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
The fuel mix could be off, sync too???
When was the last time its had a valve adjustment?

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Welcome to the forum btw.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks, i've been lurking to this forum quite long already.

I bought my F3 about six months ago and I haven't adjusted the valves. Previous owner said they'd be alright, but who knows :O
Could it be the valves? 'Cause it runs quite nicely on low and high revs...

I synchronized the carbs with home-made manometer and it should be ok.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
How many miles/kilometers on the bike?
Have you touched the mix screws?
There proly off, & if the previews owner did not have the valves adjusted, Then they likely need it.

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
My F1 had a dip at 7k, it's a jetting issue as far as I know. Changing your mid range jet could solve the problem, it would help to see what your AFR curve does at that point, mine got rich where the power dipped.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Try THIS. Be sure to click on the RED "high RPM" section for more indepth details. Help my 1996 a BUNCH. Of course I also have the 1.7RK kit too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bike's been ridden 52000km. Now i've been watching valve-adjusting-videos on youtube, and i think i'll get the bike to motor-shop :D It seem doable, i have the tools and the time, but guess its better to be safe than sorry.

The 6erkawi's link seems legit and i'll definitely check the jetting after valve adjustment. I read, that the jetting could go bad even if you change the silencer. The noise killer in my bike seems to strangle the exhausts a lot. New design to the killer could easily help my dear bike :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts