Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this site and i bought a new kawi 636 this may. I love the bike and I dont think I would ever get on any other bike. Ive been riding since last yr and ive been interested in getting into racing. If anyone has any advice or advice in general about riding that would be awesome! Talk to you all later.

bluekawi

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nice bike, if you want to get into racing get a dedicated bike for it, trust me my 06 636 needs body work now. Other than that, spend as much time on the track as possible and try to keep it on at least one wheel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro... What kind of body work would i need to do? Im planning on getting a yosh exhaust ps-5 pipe for my bike.

·
Registered
553 Posts
You wont need to do any body work unless you crash like I did. Pipes are good, I dont have one yet but I haven't had the bike that long either. Your riding style is what will determine what mods are the most important for your bike. I love corners, less than an hour after I got the bike I put a GPR steering stabalizer on it, then I removed all reflectors and half of the stickers, I got tired of not being able to see the top end of the tach so I got a double bubble windscreen and just ordered a solo seat cowl at the same time. Then I got pazzo levers. I want rear sets next, I'm not so worried about a pipe right now.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Welcome to the site! Nice choice in bikes you have, sir.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
welcome :bigfinger trackdays are the best way to get into racing without actually taking the plunge. If you wanna get serious about racing, then you're gonna wanna gut your bike of everything you don't need like a headlight etc. Get some race plastics (i prefer sharkskinz.com, but they are pricey). I'd make suspension a priority too.

I'm just waiting for some crashed '07's to show up so i can have dedicated track/race bike :laugh Oh and a couple grand would help too. :lol

again welcome to the board!

-:banana

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome....nice bike, then again I am biased.

Do you guys actually use race farings made of plastic?....we use race glass over here, exact copy of the farings, minus head and taillight made from fibreglass, makes em lighter and a danm sight easier to repair when the inevitable happens.

·
Registered
257 Posts
As far as Race Plastics are concerned, dont skimp on them. Fitting will be off or they will crack easily, spend the money to get a good set and you wont have any problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts