Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ZX6R KRT, 2014 SFV650, 2019 GTI MK7.5 Autobahn
78 Posts
Those indicate that the bike is running perfectly. Congrats! Go out and ride :)

Sources:

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Rust?

Fuel additive?

and it is running rich, IMO from the view you show, show deeper down inside the electrode insulator cavity- and better focus!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank tall for your n input. I finally pulled the pump from the tank and as expected a nice look glob of gunk nothing too bad. New clutch packs and finally finish stripping the tank. Hopefully I'm on the street riding tonight

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I've been running vp madditive
Does your bike have O2 sensors or a cat??????????? (I do not see where you listed which year bike you have)

Did you read the description on the bottle of where to use and where not to use that...........

but yeah, the additive is what is making the weird color variant I bet

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So maiden run today. Bike won't want to get above 8grand in rpms. I noticed that the vacuum hoses connected to all 4 carbs wasn't connected so I ran a hose up to the sensor above the airforce box and I might have it in the wrong sensor. I just unplugged that hose I'll start it up here shortly... also Bike is an 08

·
Registered
20 Posts
So maiden run today. Bike won't want to get above 8grand in rpms. I noticed that the vacuum hoses connected to all 4 carbs wasn't connected so I ran a hose up to the sensor above the airforce box and I might have it in the wrong sensor. I just unplugged that hose I'll start it up here shortly... also Bike is an 08
Been there..clean the fuel pump housing with baking soda and vinegar. I thought my fuel pump died. Put in. A new cheap one and that one didn't even last a couple tanks till it started acting up..didn't line the tank after decreasing and rust blasting but it helped all the way. Put the Mitsubishi pump back in with the correct fuel pump regulator and made sure the o-rings were where they're supposed to be. She screams all the way to 16,500..I'm not even able to whole shot in 1st gear without hesitation..my first bike under my ownership..just took my yoshimura slipon off. I feel a difference. Don't like riding around with no plates or brake lights and signals when the yoshimura is missing the stock brackets..I'm glad our 08 doesn't have o2 sensors..atleast my version . Things can't be astray tho for maps to work..atleast o2 sensors can adjust on their own if things are off with plugs and ports and other stuff..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been there..clean the fuel pump housing with baking soda and vinegar. I thought my
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system
Idiophone Drum Motor vehicle Automotive tire Membranophone

fuel pump died. Put in. A new cheap one and that one didn't even last a couple tanks till it started acting up..didn't line the tank after decreasing and rust blasting but it helped all the way. Put the Mitsubishi pump back in with the correct fuel pump regulator and made sure the o-rings were where they're supposed to be. She screams all the way to 16,500..I'm not even able to whole shot in 1st gear without hesitation..my first bike under my ownership..just took my yoshimura slipon off. I feel a difference. Don't like riding around with no plates or brake lights and signals when the yoshimura is missing the stock brackets..I'm glad our 08 doesn't have o2 sensors..atleast my version . Things can't be astray tho for maps to work..atleast o2 sensors can adjust on their own if things are off with plugs and ports and other stuff..
So I just took the airbox off.. I had a vaccum line from the carbs to the sensor on the airbo(big mistake) also ran a line from pcv to vaccum gauge as an experiment (bigger mistake) so I took those off and buttoned it up the way I found it... also realized that I didn't have the airbox mounting bolts applied and two hose clamps that sinch the secondary injectors boots on the throttle bodys.. I changed the fuel lines to oversized gauge and that was a big mistake I feel so im.gonna salvage the original line and hope for the best.. this is what I have so far... and so what exactly do I need to do with the pump ? I love the 08 this is such a sweet bike.. the new clutch feels good though along with the new asv lever I installed.. sucjs I can't get the master cylinder with the advanced front brake to hold a pressured system.. must be the line won't adjust straightened enough or the mc is leaking.. idk suzks though
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle brake Motor vehicle

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
So I just took the airbox off.. I had a vaccum line from the carbs to the sensor on the airbo(big mistake) also ran a line from pcv to vaccum gauge as an experiment (bigger mistake) so I took those off and buttoned it up the way I found it... also realized that I didn't have the airbox mounting bolts applied and two hose clamps that sinch the secondary injectors boots on the throttle bodys.. I changed the fuel lines to oversized gauge and that was a big mistake I feel so im.gonna salvage the original line and hope for the best.. this is what I have so far... and so what exactly do I need to do with the pump ? I love the 08 this is such a sweet bike.. the new clutch feels good though along with the new asv lever I installed.. sucjs I can't get the master cylinder with the advanced front brake to hold a pressured system.. must be the line won't adjust straightened enough or the mc is leaking.. idk suzks though View attachment 111234
Get a master cylinder rebuild kit. OEM.
Partzilla.

Take the calipers off and service them. Make sure no nicks in the piston pots. Acetone. Get the fuck up in there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The fuel pump housing. The white plastic that houses the fuel pump regulator..don't used compressed air to dry the regulator. I learned the hard way. From what I read here and other kawasaki forums, the housing was gummed up bad.. carb , brake and whatever cleaner didn't do much compared to saturating it in baking soda and vinegar for a few minutes in my case..I was going crazy...New cheap fuel pump. Bought a crapped out fuel pump and housing just for the regulator knowing it was the regulator causing fuel to flow out the tank when at best it should dribble a little till it stops.. engine was flooding itself causing a no start..I took apart the stacks and put everything back as soon as my gut told me to KISS. That stands for keep it simple stupid. I know cars and i also have the service manual. Ill try to be as helpful as possible
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Blue Automotive design Fender

1 - 15 of 15 Posts