Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Before ceramic coating i yanked the gas tank one. Now if it would stop raining on my track days maybe I can finally ride it this year. Hate stickers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can anyone with a 2019-2021 zx6r with a graves slip on post up some idle/revving/flyby sound clips? My search yielded either very short clips, or graves slip ons on older Gen Zx6R’s. I said I wouldn’t go the aftermarket exhaust route but I couldn’t resist it any longer and ordered a Graves slip on last night for my 2021 zx6r. It boiled down to either Akra or the graves and the many video sound clips that I watched/listened to for the Akra was nice but its sound signature was not deep enough for me. I’m hoping that I made the right decision going with the graves over the akra, since it seems akra is overwhelmingly praised for the Zx6r, the same that graves is a Yamaha R6/R1 preference.

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Can anyone with a 2019-2021 zx6r with a graves slip on post up some idle/revving/flyby sound clips? My search yielded either very short clips, or graves slip ons on older Gen Zx6R’s. I said I wouldn’t go the aftermarket exhaust route but I couldn’t resist it any longer and ordered a Graves slip on last night for my 2021 zx6r. It boiled down to either Akra or the graves and the many video sound clips that I watched/listened to for the Akra was nice but its sound signature was not deep enough for me. I’m hoping that I made the right decision going with the graves over the akra, since it seems akra is overwhelmingly praised for the Zx6r, the same that graves is a Yamaha R6/R1 preference.

Thanks
I had a Graves long slip-on on my 400 and it was a very high quality unit. Did you get the long or short slip-on? Are you removing the resonator or keeping the resonator?

Reactions: Thorissr

·
Registered
187 Posts
I ordered the shorty graves slip on, and I do plan on keeping the resonator intact.

Thanks
Did you see this video? This is on a 2020 ZX6R with resonator removed so it will be louder than yours with a resonator. Did you get a Servo buddy?

Reactions: Thorissr

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you see this video? This is on a 2020 ZX6R with resonator removed so it will be louder than yours with a resonator. Did you get a Servo buddy?

Perfect….Thanks! I do recall looking at this video but for some reason I didn’t see the last minute or so, and yes I did order a servo buddy with the slip on. This video makes me feel much better that I went with the right slip on that will suit my taste.

Again thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I owned a 2007 R6 where I swapped out the stock exhaust for a M4, and I left the servo motor located under the seat intact…and I hid the end of the exhaust cables under the fairing near the exhaust without throwing any codes. Is this the same case with the new Gen zx6r’s? Is the servo buddy only if one decides to completely remove the motor and cables?

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
I owned a 2007 R6 where I swapped out the stock exhaust for a M4, and I left the servo motor located under the seat intact…and I hid the end of the exhaust cables under the fairing near the exhaust without throwing any codes. Is this the same case with the new Gen zx6r’s? Is the servo buddy only if one decides to completely remove the motor and cables?

Thanks
Some have left the servo motor plugged into the ECU without throwing a code and some get a code so that's a maybe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Some have left the servo motor plugged into the ECU without throwing a code and some get a code so that's a maybe.
Gotcha….the reason I asked is because I will be receiving my slip on before the servo buddy, and wanted to know beforehand if I have to install the slip on until the servo delete arrives.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have always found the M4 exhausts to be the loudest especially the GP19. I had one on my bike when I bought it and couldn't stand how loud and annoying it was which means it might be right up your alley. It is also short and doesn't mount up to the passenger mounting bracket. Unfortunately it doesn't come with titanium headers but if you have an unlimited budget then you could always pair up the GP19 slip on with graves headers. Graves makes just a titanium set of headers for people who want to upgrade their slip on to a full system.
M4 is what have and it's super loud if you take the baffle out😉

·
Registered
108 Posts

Thanks
I unhooked the cables and left the motor with no code being thrown. But like SNC said its a toss up

·
Registered
34 Posts
I unhooked the cables and left the motor with no code being thrown. But like SNC said its a toss up
Thanks,

This morning I found out that my servo buddy shipment will be delayed a additional 2-3 days after I receive my Graves slip on today, so this morning I went ahead and disassembled the stock muffler in anticipation on the Graves slip on arriving this afternoon. I left the servo motor and cables in place and noticed that when I cycle the key off and on how the loose end of the cables that was attached to the stock muffler adjusts. I finally crunk her up with the cables loose and let her idle for a minute and no FI code so far! I assume the test will come after I have installed the slip on and take her out for a spin with varying RPMs where the cables constantly adjust and readjust based on the RPMs.

Worse case scenario is that “if” the FI light comes on, I’ll only have to endure it for 2-3 days when I’m expecting my servo buddy to finally arrive.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I completely removed my cables from the motor. I didnt see a point in tying them up so I just got rid of them altogether....maybe thats why I don't have a code? Because my motor is spinning freely?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I completely removed my cables from the motor. I didnt see a point in tying them up so I just got rid of them altogether....maybe thats why I don't have a code? Because my motor is spinning freely?
I will remove the cables and servo unit once my servo buddy arrives next week. The graves finally showed up and it took about 5 minutes to slide it in and tighten up 2 bolts and 1 bolt attached to the fairing. Doing the diassembly this morning sure made things easier, since down here in Texas it’s pretty hot this afternoon. I took her for a brisk ride and so far no FI light, so I think I’m in the clear!

I must say the Graves slip on surpassed my expectations and sounds like music to my ears. The deep but mellow rumble at idle/low rpms and the lion’s roar above 8-10K is spot on and not obnoxious. I was surpr that I can actually hear my music via my Cardo Packtalk Bold up until the upper RPMs where it then sounds like static. I may try my Pinlock earplugs to see if that helps with my music.

Here’s a before shot

After shot with the Graves slip on installed

·
Registered
187 Posts
I will remove the cables and servo unit once my servo buddy arrives next week. The graves finally showed up and it took about 5 minutes to slide it in and tighten up 2 bolts and 1 bolt attached to the fairing. Doing the diassembly this morning sure made things easier, since down here in Texas it’s pretty hot this afternoon. I took her for a brisk ride and so far no FI light, so I think I’m in the clear!

I must say the Graves slip on surpassed my expectations and sounds like music to my ears. The deep but mellow rumble at idle/low rpms and the lion’s roar above 8-10K is spot on and not obnoxious. I was surpr that I can actually hear my music via my Cardo Packtalk Bold up until the upper RPMs where it then sounds like static. I may try my Pinlock earplugs to see if that helps with my music.

Here’s a before shot

View attachment 108725

After shot with the Graves slip on installed

View attachment 108726
Looks great and you removed the resonator correct?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks great and you removed the resonator correct?
The big exhaust silencer box that slides out near the rear tire? Yes.

edit: I kinda wish I went for the eletrik blue version….that version is so sexy..lol Anyway it’s a done deal now and on second thought a extra $200+ for the color blue just isn’t worth the up charge IMO..but it’s still sexy.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts