Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
First, yes, I'm 'one of those guys', and I'm sorry lol.
I'm going in a couple days to pick up a brand new 2021 zx6r krt, and I'm looking to order a number of things, but first, I'm looking at full system exhausts.
As noted above, I like em loud, like really really loud, loud as you can get it. Can't help it, the screaming of an in-line 4 on a sports bike gets my blood flowing. I've been looking at options like, Austin Racing, and others, but I wanted to see what the community had to say. I really like the look of the short exhausts. Ya know, the ones that don't usually bolt to the hole right under the passenger foot peg, but I'll take suggestions for any.

Also, I was gonna just do what I've done in the past and get a power commander, but I'm really interested in having the ECU flashed this time around instead, so any services and products you could recommend for flashing would be greatly appreciated.

lastly, if I decide to get the ECU flashed, do I still need to get a servo buddy?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
Find your local race track, and ask around for who tunes Kawasakis. Get their input as to what you should combine. If your budget is unlimited, buy titanium. Whatever you buy, when you remove that much restriction a dyno tune is in order.... hence why it makes sense to find the right people right out of the blocks, and do it once.

Loud and annoying for the sake of being loud and annoying is, well, loud and annoying. Don't expect a whole lot of love from anyone who has to live near you because of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Find your local race track, and ask around for who tunes Kawasakis. Get their input as to what you should combine. If your budget is unlimited, buy titanium. Whatever you buy, when you remove that much restriction a dyno tune is in order.... hence why it makes sense to find the right people right out of the blocks, and do it once.

Loud and annoying for the sake of being loud and annoying is, well, loud and annoying. Don't expect a whole lot of love from anyone who has to live near you because of it.
The bad thing is, there isn't a track near me, nor is there a performance shop.
I guess you could say my budget is unlimited.

As far as annoying people goes, i live on rural property, don't have neighbors, and largely ride rural highways where i can make all of the racket that i want.

·
Registered
191 Posts
For ECU flashing I can recommend Superbike Unlimited and Moore Mafia.
Just be sure to request the "decel fuel cut" be disabled when getting flashed. If you get the ECU flashed you do not need a Servo Buddy as it will be disabled in the ECU, but check with the tuner you will use to be sure.

After an ECU flash there will be more power and less engine braking due to improved fuel maps and the injectors will no longer cut off on deceleration. Give yourself time to calibrate to the new engine dynamics.

The ECU Flash from Moore is 200, and SBU is 235. The Servo buddy is 60 so you will save 60 bucks by going with the ECU flash route. Moore recommends unplugging the ECU after the flash as a safety measure but I didn't notice any difference so you can leave the o2 plugged in or unplug the o2 near the gas tank or remove the entire o2 sensor and plug it up.

Louder isn't always better and for a great looking and sounding exhaust that is reasonably priced I would recommend the Hindle Evolution cat-back or full system. I bought the last Hindle Evolution from RevZilla so they are currently out of stock. You just missed a brand new full Hindle system for sale on this site for 550.

The Hindle has a very clean look vs. some of the other systems on the market. It isn't super loud and it sounds great.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have always found the M4 exhausts to be the loudest especially the GP19. I had one on my bike when I bought it and couldn't stand how loud and annoying it was which means it might be right up your alley. It is also short and doesn't mount up to the passenger mounting bracket. Unfortunately it doesn't come with titanium headers but if you have an unlimited budget then you could always pair up the GP19 slip on with graves headers. Graves makes just a titanium set of headers for people who want to upgrade their slip on to a full system.

·
Registered
Street Rossi
224 Posts
The title of this thread made me laugh. I approve. To each their own.

side note: Do aftermarket header make that big of a difference on our bikes? I know some bikes like the old R1 had a phenomenal stock header it was rarely replaced. All the cats and stuff now it’s a different story.

·
Registered
2020 ZX6R
38 Posts
You want stupid loud? SC Project can, and Graves titanium headers.

Thank god my neighbors are friendly and ride as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone.
I'm going in a couple days to pick up a brand new 2021 zx6r krt, and I'm looking to order a number of things, but first, I'm looking at full system exhausts.
As noted above, I like em loud, like really really loud, loud as you can get it. Can't help it, the screaming of an in-line 4 on a sports bike gets my blood flowing. I've been looking at options like, Austin Racing, and others, but I wanted to see what the community had to say. I really like the look of the short exhausts. Ya know, the ones that don't usually bolt to the hole right under the passenger foot peg, but I'll take suggestions for any.

Also, I was gonna just do what I've done in the past and get a power commander, but I'm really interested in having the ECU flashed this time around instead, so any services and products you could recommend for flashing would be greatly appreciated.

lastly, if I decide to get the ECU flashed, do I still need to get a servo buddy?

Thanks

if budget isn't a concern then buy a full akrapovic or yoshimura system , without a doubt the 2 best systems

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is 2020 with the akrapovic , if you tske the silencer out of the slip on its crazy loud , I'm one of those guys too ...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi everyone.

Thanks!
I have a full Graves System - titanium headers & mid-pipe with carbon fiber silencer that I think I am putting up for sale if you're interested. I removed it from my bike for the sole reason that it was too loud for me.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ok just a heads up - Loud does not equal awesome. Your neighbors will learn to hate you along with anyone who hears you coming from 2 miles away. Overly loud pipes just shouts "douche bag".

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
….. quite literally, two miles away. At sixty miles per hour, that’s two minutes to prepare for your arrival….

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
This is a good point.
When I had the M4 GP on my bike, I never saw a Leo that wasn’t looking directly at me when I spotted them.
Now that I have a complete OEM system back on the bike, it’s rare for them to look up at all.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The other issue is how loud it is to you. I wear earplugs and its still pretty loud.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts