Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

2721 - 2740 of 2965 Posts

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
10,703 Posts
Two bros S1R slip on - don't laugh b/c it's two bros I took the sticker off so no one would know it's Two Bros :bigthumb: shushhhhhh!!!

2x the brah!

·
Registered
776 Posts
GB Case Covers, changed the badge on my Leo Vince bc the new one matches the bike and the only one did not. (Leo Vince customer service sent it to me free of charge.) Driven sprocket nuts and a new plate holder above the rear hugger.
Also bought a bazzaz zfi that will go on soon....spending that $!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Changed shifting to go shift and bedded in some New EBC EPFA brake pads holy shit these things are fucking awesome!!!!! Right as they got done bedding in I almost went over the bars!!! Hahaha

·
Registered
248 Posts
3M rubbing compound - polish compound - finishing compound 3 step buff / wax detail today (about 2 hours) no more swirls, spider webbing in paint (which is hard to get out of black) but def worth the time spent. Looks like it should be sitting in a Kawi dealer

Everything you see that's white is reflecting light, not scratches. Just that much reflection and deep dark black in the paint, it pops now! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Added more running lights to bike in shape of "V", and extended the turn signals with led strip for more visibility along the passenger pegs.

This is pic of me test fitting.

this is pic of finished product all lit up to show u how it looks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Added more running lights to bike in shape of "V", and extended the turn signals with led strip for more visibility along the passenger pegs.

This is pic of me test fitting.

this is pic of finished product all lit up to show u how it looks.
Never liked the exhaust on the 07-08 models, I'm loving yours bro!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Rider

I did nothing to my 6 since I just got it. Im a new rider who picked up a bike 3 weeks ago, took the MSF course, and just got my license. Ive got about 400 miles of practice on the bike since then. Im looking forward to many more riding and eventually track day. Also looking for locals to tag along with and learn!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
This really isn't a day, it's really more like a week. Virtually everything went as expected, but the Hotbodies turn signals that I'm using as supplemental turn signals/mirror block off plates were nothing if not a total bitch. I went in thinking it would take me maybe ½ an hour, maybe an hour including wiring up to the Centech fuse block under the seat - near the battery & DJ PC V. Wrong. Fortunately, I am happy with the finished product.

By the way, if you look carefully in the 1st photo, on the inner fairing are the Bike Viz super bright driving lights - just to add a bit of compiscuity for the cagers. Lovely wee bits they are.

The other stuff I tended to do as I had to periodically step away from the former project, other wise I'd have set the bitch on fire. I love it, but sometimes it drives me crazy.

The sprocket nuts are green ano - titanium bobbles. The Sargent Saddles Fast Access Pins are a stroke of genius. No fumbling for the tool kit on a dark evening.
Sargent Seats - Fast Access Pins

I put a low watt, but bright L.E.D. light w/an inconspicuous black rocker switch so I wouldn't have to fumble w/the key in the dark.

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Today I did some light sanding of my right side fairings with some 20 grit racetrack.

Still don't know how I managed to run out of traction and the rest of the day I just didn't have any confidence in the corners. I feel like Ricky Bobby when he crashed.

Nothing bad damaged aside from a little bit of brake lever scraping and my ego.

2721 - 2740 of 2965 Posts