Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

2681 - 2700 of 2965 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Had a day off work today went out with a mate that owns a Daytona 675, had a right blast. Left at 1pm mostly was in Sussex and Hampshire. My tail tidy bracket broke didnt realise until my mate stopped me lol. He was flashing me, I thought he wanted to go quicker as I was leading so I overtook 4 cars but still he was acting werid. This was on the way back, so he pasted me and did some random dance I was like oh. My number plate and indicators where dancing in the wind.

Had a good ride out only got back at 8pm plus after my bracket broke it was fair game =]. Within the law of course..

·
Registered
111 Posts
I put it on the dyno just after my buddys r6 who made 106 with full exhaust flash and tune, mine made 113 with slip on and midpipe and mesh cat delete in oem header, my afr is even better than is costum tune haha !

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Took the fairings and tank off and installed new spark plugs, BMC air filter, coolant flush (engine ice), removed the servo(waiting on the servo buddy from laggy) gutted the CAT, removed the rearsets, and installed my $17 clear Chinese double bubble. Now I'm just waiting on a PCV and set of rearsets from Coffey and I'll get her all buttoned up. Then off to Dave Weaver to get her tuned!!!

My goodness this is a sexy ass bike!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I gutted my cat with a drill and a hole saw! Also installed a new gasket, my old one was toast and leaked. Sadly I accidentally cut a small 1mm hole in my header :( needs welding

Attachments

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Upside: new gasket, figured out how to get the clamps installed right (yah...) no more exhaust leak from missing gasket, installed full exhaust dyno tune which is running well. With the slip on map, the engine actually died. I couldn't get the pre muffler back on with the muffler still attached,and the gasket edge was starting to get jacked up so I'll take it all apart and do it the right way...

downside: tiny hole in header needs a spot weld, also leaking exhaust

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Feeling really happy. Installed new gaskets on my exhaust, the cat is removed so I have a full exhaust and I bolted everything back up together perfectly. Sounds a lot better without the leak, a little bit quieter and a nice deep sound. I'm in love again

·
Registered
74 Posts
Changed my front tire today. This was the first time I had ever changed a tire myself and now I regret paying a shop to do it before now. However now my front and rear tires don't match, burnouts should fix that pretty quickly.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Changed my front tire today. This was the first time I had ever changed a tire myself and now I regret paying a shop to do it before now. However now my front and rear tires don't match, burnouts should fix that pretty quickly.
I just wet trough the same thing with you tire. The rear is harder just for reference.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Love all the little details in your Sharpie (I'm assuming?) job. Pretty awesome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sunday Morning (05/22/2016) at 1AM I changed the oil and oil filter in my driveway. I used a K&N black oil filter and Mobile 1 10W-40 Racing 4T oil. I rode in to work on 05/24/2016 to work my overnight shift, and I will be riding home in the morning. I have a new helmet and new earplugs that make my ride amazing. I can't wait for the end of my shift so I can ride home.

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
Changed my oil the other day....Rotella T6. Installed new headlights, new fairing stay bracket, repaired broken fairings, bought a digital temp indicator, new windscreen.

Few days ago spray painted all the fairings satin white. Installed everything back on today.....almost done :)

2681 - 2700 of 2965 Posts