Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I crashed while turning into the mall on a rainy day:banghead. And wanted to know what would be cheaper, new flarings or a paint job? Any advice 4 a young noob:O

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
hi mate after i dropped mine i thought about repairing them but found full set off fairings on ebay much cheaper than the repair bill

·
Registered
348 Posts
No cracks and nothing is broken? Repaint bro! Nothing is more expensive than factory plastics. You'd think the material they used comes from the moon or something...

Full set of new factory plastics for my bike (2004 ZX6-RR) run over $2,000 !!!!

It's ABS plastic for Pete's sake!!!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
paint is prob cheeper than getting plastics... the damage looks like minor scuffs and scrapes so i dont think buying new fairings is wise. unless you find some kid on ebay selling his cheep cuz he put racing plastics on.. good luck on that

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
if that were me and i was on a budget, i'd just touch it up myself :dunno

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
go the paint.. does not look to bad or you could just slap some stickers on it

·
Registered
900 Posts
Paint is cheaper, just shop around locally or ask a local independant who does not offer the servoce to recommend someone.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would repaint it, I paid a guy around $400 to repaint mine and he did all the sanding and plastic welding, Because mine had several cracks. his plastic welder was awesome, You wouldn't have even thought it was wrecked after the work he did. New set of fairings is an easy $2000+

1 - 12 of 12 Posts