Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently bought a new windshield for my '06 ZX6R, and I'm completely not happy with it. :banghead

What I'm looking for is a windshield that has a similar profile to the stock one, is very dark smoke (like as close to black as possible, without actually being black and still being able to see through it slightly), and also has the indented edge, so the screen sits flush with the body when mounted.

I know I'm anal, but I really want to replace the stock screen with a darker one, but HATE how the new one looks mounted under the faring. I need to have it mounted flush. This is NOT negotiable...

-Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Wow. Perfect idea. I literally can't believe I didn't think of that. Probably much cheaper than buying a whole new one anyway. I'll definitely look into it.

I guess sometimes the best answers are the most obvious ones.

I'm still open to any 3rd party windshields that would accomplish the same thing.

And while we're at it, anybody interested in a new dark smoke windshield for a 2006 ZX6R? Only taken out of the bag and mounted once! Ha ha...

·
Registered
553 Posts
puig makes descent screens!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I tried to get it tinted, and nobody would do it in my area, so one place talked me into trying the spray stuff that's usually reserved for brake and headlight covers....

Needless to say that came out less than wonderful, so I ended up spraying the entire thing gloss black...it's kinda growing on me actually. Maybe once I wake it I'll take some pics and post...

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
Well I tried to get it tinted, and nobody would do it in my area, so one place talked me into trying the spray stuff that's usually reserved for brake and headlight covers....
did they tell u why they wouldn't?

Needless to say that came out less than wonderful, so I ended up spraying the entire thing gloss black...it's kinda growing on me actually. Maybe once I wake it I'll take some pics and post...
sorry to hear. u sprayed it black as in it is not transparent at all? interesting...

somebody above said he tinted his stock screen...u could see what he did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts