Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks,im after a little of your wisdom and knowledge,i had a look at this today,
http://www.seastarsuperbikes.co.uk/bikecatalogue.php?cat=motorcycle&detail=27598

it looks alright to me,there is a slight mark on the point of the tail its got a seat cowel tyres look good etc.

im going back tomorrow with my bike hoping i can trade it in for a fair price and to take the kwak for a spin and i want to know what to look for when riding it,like noises,operation etc.

any info greatly appreciated.:thumbup

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Just looking at the fairing kind of indicates it's been down. You don't usually replace the stock stickers with erm...that unless there's a reason. Have a look to see if you can notice if it's been re-painted. Scratches on the bottom of the footpegs and the forks are usually a giveaway. Looks like there's a scratch on the cover I cant remember the name of there, too. Just cos it's been down doesnt mean it's a bad buy though. All you can do is have a look and see if YOU like it :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Blue is nice as well.. :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Nice bike mate, welcome to the "BEEATCH" owners club! (should have got a blue one though!)
As you have a standard can fitted, DO THE FOLLOWING! ------- Ride along, 2nd or 3rd gear will do, get her to around 6,ooo revs then open her up FULL throttle. Then listen to the music the induction roar makes as she goes thru 7-9.ooo rpm. It makes me giggle insanely EVERYTIME i hear it!
Then put a K+N air filter in and do it again. EVEN MORE NOISE. This shouldn't be legal, BUT IT IS!!!! ORGASMIC!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
picked it up today,great ride home and yes the induction noise is quite plesent but it noes need a can on it,all works as it should goes well,really well,pitty its dark now,

2 things though its a little rattly at about 4-3k on overrun,i guess its the cam chain tensioner:dunno

at what temp does the coolant fan come on?,mine got to 100/c while i shut the gate i left it on idle and did'nt come on so i turned it off,i read in the owners manual about the temp "hi" symbol flashing at 120/c so i guess it gets hotter than the average car which usually comes on before 100/c.

cant wait till the morning.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
took it out for 100miles or so this morning all seems alright :inlove im pretty sure i heard the coolant fan come on at 102 degrees c,and the rattle/noise that i mentioned previously is at low revs not that loud but noticable it stops when i pull in the clutch lever,ive been doing forum searches and reading old posts and i read that the engines do rattle a bit its just a kawasaki trait,so i will not worry about it unless it gets louder or it goes bang.
i spent all my money on it and i dont have no fuel so it sits in the garage:thumbdown

·
Registered
503 Posts
My fan comes on JUST above 100 too.
As for Rattly engine, yep, been there done that. They all do that sir!
If you want to buy a new can for it, may i suggest a race can with removable baffles. LEAVE the baffles in and you get the best of both worlds. Lovely sounding can AND you can still the induction roar.
I have done EXACTLY this too. I took the baffles out once and totally lost that famous Kwaka roar from the airbox so put baffles back in. WELL HAPPY NOW!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Top-end i think. Does anyone now WHY the cams/valves are so loud on these bikes?? Drives me nuts... The Micron can helps a bit

·
Registered
503 Posts
Kawasaki using more tolerance compared to other manufacturers apparently, that's it!
And it is DEFINITELY a top end / valvetrain / camshaft noise, i should know...................

1 - 19 of 19 Posts