Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just what the title says, what tires are ya using and what tires do you think are the best one out, personally i love my pilot powers and swear by them, no way is anything else going on my zixxer:devious had butteraxes and had them step out on me, might throw on some 2ct for my track days, heard good things about those too

·
Registered
894 Posts
Pilot Powers for me too...

Not sure if i'll anything else...:O

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
for the money, metzler m1s are great. i've run h2's and loved them...those are now the pilot power series, haven't had a chance to try them, but have heard good things. i'm running 208gpa's right now, very nice on the track 180 only though...i prefer a 190. that about summarized my tire experiences.

-:banana

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i can pick up PP for about 208 a set shipped(i need to check but it hink that is what they were going for) so i think thats what i am going to keep on mine

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got my 636 A1 with new BT014s so I'll report once I have properly scrubbed them in.

A

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, it has been pissing rain here for the last few days and my bike rolled out of the back of the van with spanky new BT014s fitted and I have scrubbed them in in the wet. No problems at all and only this morning when it was dry, I managed to touch a get within a few mil of banishing the chicken strips, so I'd say in relatively low temp and damp conditions, they are excellent. Can't speak beyond that.

A

·
Registered
617 Posts
Like I said earlier, I really like bridgestone's and until recently I ran 014's and found them extremely good in all aspects(except mileage! which is why I now use 020's). But realisticaly it all comes down to what you want to run on your paticulor ride. Do some research,read tire comparrison's,talk to fellow rider's and get their impressssions and go from there.:thumbup

·
Banned
35 Posts
I run the BT014's now and have had no problem with them in the past, I will put pp's on next though, I have heard so many good things about them

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well I got eh 14s free with the bike brand new, so I wasn't going to say no. As regards all round grip and good life, I had good experiences with Diablo Stradas.
I have BT020s on the VFR800, I think they suit the weight of it a bit more as it gets them up to temp quicker.

A

1 - 20 of 50 Posts