Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dunno if its just me or not, but I feel like I always ride favouring one side... For me it appears to be my left side. Left corners are always easier to takes than right, and the left side of my back tends to get sore first when I ride...

Ive put this down to the fact that the left side is the busiest, clutching, gear changing... so on. So Im guessing I hold my weight using this side.

Dunno, maybe Im crazy...

Has anyone ever had any thoughts of this...?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Well I'm left handed and I prefer going right....but, I really think it's got a lot to do with which side of the road you ride on, and thus which way you head into oncoming traffic if you get it slightly wrong...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Lol funny thing is, i favor left turns because i feel i can take them faster, but all 3 of my lowsides have been on left hand turns, go figure.

·
Registered
894 Posts
my right side always tears up more then the left and i think it is because sub consciously in the back of our minds it saying if you come off on a right hander(in the uk) we will end up in the fields or the what ever and not in on coming traffic when on a left hander.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I prefer lefts but as said right for roundabouts so I guess it dont matter to me

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
im right handed and prefer going right... I think it has to do with the throttle too:

to turn left you pull the throttle hand in and twist the throttle, its more natural than going right (pushing throttle hand out while twisting the throttle)

I find more on/off ramps on interstates going right, so that probably has something to do with it too

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
im right handed and prefer going right... I think it has to do with the throttle too:
Same. I try to keep the throttle independent so I push less on that bar and use the left more to do everything. Something about rolling on in the wrong situation.

Maybe this will change though... My front tire when I first got the bike was heavily worn =\

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
I'm right handed and I feel a lot more comfortable going left. It shows on my tires where my left side is almost gone and my right side has a bigger strip. Both my lowside and highside have both been while going left but I still feel more comfortable. I attribute part of it to the almost unnatural position that your throttle hand has to be in while leaning hard right. 09ZX-6R had a write up on body position one time that showed it really well

·
Registered
711 Posts
Right handed here, definitely prefer going left hand turns when it comes to turning into a lot or parking space. But I'm partial to right hand curves and twisties. I dunno. Maybe I'm bass- ackwards. :O:cuckoo:

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Most people are less confident in right handers simply because that's the throttle side. You've got to control the throttle, not put too much pressure on the bars, and basically "think" a little more. So it can be a little tougher in many cases on right handers.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm right handed, and am faster and prefer left handers.
I have a riding buddy, he's left handed, and prefers right handed curves.
I agree with earth, there was a study done on this, but i dont remember
who did it.

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
Most people are less confident in right handers simply because that's the throttle side. You've got to control the throttle, not put too much pressure on the bars, and basically "think" a little more. So it can be a little tougher in many cases on right handers.
i agree with ya there mate but in the uk most bikers have a thing about big roundabouts .....we just blast round them having fun getting lower and lower on the right side ....so we are sort of bought up on the wanging it to the right ......but yeah i know where you are coming from though

·
Registered
97 Posts
right handed and prefer left turns, in my MSF class we took a vote and everyone there also preferred the left. The instructor said its because we are a Nascar nation...(gota love the south lol)

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I prefer left handers. That being said my right side chicken strip is slightly smaller than the left. I'm guessing because I force myself to concentrate more and work harder on right handers?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts