Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 98' zx-6r a couple months ago, its been sitting in my garage because its pretty cold and icy here , ive taken it out a couple times and it rides like a champ. il admit im not that knowledgeable about bikes, but i was wondering what should i have checked and what should i keep an eye out for, when i got the bike safetied the mechanic said the tires are good and so are the breaks when he measured them with calipers. the bike has been dropped because it was slight scratches all over the left side of the bike including the clutch handle bar and the engine cover is all scratched up.. could this have done anything detrimental to the bike?

im not sure how vehicle histories work but when i went to the DMV to register the bike they gave me ownership history and it only had one person listed the person i bought it from but i could swear he bought it form another guy a year prior,... are these vehicle histories accurate or is there a way to beat them... im really sorry for my noob questions but im just a little worried about the state of the bike, thankyou.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
+1

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
i'd venture to say most bikes of that age have a scratched crankcase if it wasnt replaced. it happens when you go down on that side, and as long as it isnt punctured, it's ok.

i wouldnt worry too much about it having been dropped. it's happened to most bikes of that age (and newer) and these things are pretty solid machines. As long as the frame is straight and it rides soundly, you should be fine. i'd check your tire alignment (using the swingarm marks for the rear), but those marks can't be trusted completely, so use the fishing line technique (or some other one) to check the rear with the front wheel. etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts