Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all those with the bad valve/cam bikes what month was it made in?

I have a 3/07 which seems around the bad period. The bike only has 320 miles on it and no problems yet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'll check mine and report back. It was one of the first. However, my friend bought the next one off the lot and while I have over 4500 miles and no tick, his developed a ticket at 1500 miles...

·
Registered
99 Posts
what do you do about it.... basically wait for it to blow up and hope that it shoots a valve through your ass and you survive. cause kawi isn't doing shit about it last i heard... but if you do survive the valve to ass thing you can just sue them for pain/suffering and get a newer one withought the problem hopefully... or you'll be taking another valve in the you know where.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Mine was 4/07 or 5/07 or 6/07 I can't remember. and I'm too lazy to look lol.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I can tell you it's dynoing strong and no ticks at 1800 miles though :D I'll look at the DOB tonight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to let you know that I bought 2 07 ZX6-R and I basically lost the engine in one of them at approx 1200 miles. Started with a clicking noise and then the engine just went. Kawi said that it was a fluke and that the only thing that they would do was the warranty coverage. So after 1 week of usage my bike was going to be down for approx 8 weeks. They we going to do nothing for me. I thought that mabey they were right and it was a fluke, but i didnt want a fixed up bike, i bought a new one, so i traded it in for a new one. I havent had any problems with this one yet, but now reading all this, it is obvious that something needs to be done and I am going to talk with an attorney to see about a possible class action against them. A big company should not be allowed to take advantage of its customers like this. Will let you know what I come up with.

John T....

·
Registered
41 Posts
mine makes na really lound tick when i frist start it up when it is cold but as i warms up it isent as bad it barley does it at all is that bad or is tha just the way they all are ?? i got mine in march so that would be 03/2007 is that in the bad peroid and what would be a way to know for shure other then it exploding and a valve flying out lmao ive also been told that kawasi are knowen for having lould valves

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine never made a really loud click, but you could always hear it. Mine only made the sound for one day before the engine blew. I traded the bike it so i don't know what month it was made, but i bought it around april or may. I rode it a lot, i had over 1000 mile in just one week so I think that is good for me, i didn't have to wait for it to blow.

·
Registered
764 Posts
mine is from 3/07

·
Registered
764 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a ticking noise coming from the left side of the motor. Its been there for a while, and I have 980 miles on it!?!? Should I have it checked out?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts