Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

· Super Moderator
17,015 Posts
This place works, because there are a good number of people who contribute worthwhile content without having any agenda. Simply put, we like sharing our knowledge and experiences with each other. I’m happy to be a part of this.

· Registered
1996 zx6r f trackbike
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)

Test fitted the fairings today prior to fixing the track damage (2nd hand not mine).
Ordered a missing uniball for the rearsets, turns out they are valter moto ones and it was missing from the rear brake, would explain why it was a pain to line up.
Got 2 sets of track fairings, one set has a g tail, going to see if I can get it to look OK if not the f one will be going back on

Attachments

· Registered
2,251 Posts
Non-matching tyres? Eeek.

· Registered
2004-20-23 636
367 Posts
But with that said I run mix tires a lot on it. Lol. Being a stunt bike I run q3 always on the front because they’re the stickiest I have found for stoppies and usually pilot power regular or 2c”s on the rear. I usually go through a dozen rear tires to every front tire. So during the summer months I run whatever I have the most of in the rear. That’s why i have a half dozen or so rear wheels

But on a good note I finally broke down and bought a tire changer and balancer so I don’t constantly have to run to the shop. Anyone interested Derrick weaver $3200 delivered. Amazing machines exactly what we use at the store and you can do car wheels up to 24” I think. Way big enough for anything I care to own lol

· Registered
2,251 Posts
It’s Literally the stock battleaxe tires that come on the bike it’s just flat lol. Not even the wheels I normally use being it’s a stunt bike but I have those off being powder coated so just threw these on it to haul back from my shop.
The front is an S22. So you have mis-matched tyres.

· Registered
2004-20-23 636
367 Posts
The front is an S22. So you have mis-matched tyres.
Yea that back one does look like a pilot power now that I look. I may of grabbed the wrong rear wheel. Like I said tho doesn’t matter I just stuck em on it to get it hauled home and it’s not holding air anyways so not really sure what you point is lol. . I know the fronts a battle axe cause I’d just mounted it for a friend and borrowed it to get the bike home. And like I said I don’t care to run miss matched tires on a stunt bike. But this wouldn't be the combo I’d run lol

· Registered
2004-20-23 636
367 Posts
That weaver tire changer looks like it would eat my nomar for lunch, good looking piece of kit (y)
I have had a manual coats 220 changer at my home garage for years and it sucks . So 99% of the time I just haul them to the shop. But for 3200$ shipped to my door for the changer and the balancer and as often as I need one I just had to do it. I honestly just assumed they cost more and I seen the add pop up and impulse purchased it. Especially now that I’m living full time at the track and it’s 40 minutes from the shop. These are all the reasons I’m rehearsing for my wife when she asked after she sees the charge. Oh and she has a bad tps sensor on her jeep. I still have a few days to think of a few more 😂👍👍👍

· Registered
2018 z900rs, 2021 cb1000r, 2013 zx6r
93 Posts
3200 usd would probably be 4500 Canadian, I hope your wife is more understanding than mine because I feel I’m getting in trouble just thinking about it. I only put 5-10 rears (half that for fronts) a season between the bikes so for me the manual nomar works beautifully. Not being at the mercy of the shop for dropping off and picking up tires is a huge bonus.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts