Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not me! But I saw this and found it interesting as to what his errors were. Any of the track guys care to chime in?

To me it looks like he didn’t turn in hard enough and hold his line (maybe out of feeling like he was coming in too hot? Lack of skill?) as well as you can see the upset chassis on the second one, ofc he brakes and stands it up and goes wide.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Looks like he hit the inside curb and upset the chassis, then ran wide (possibly due to freaking out after nearly running off the inside of the corner). On the grass it's hard to tell what he did but you can see the front wheel turn in abruptly right before he goes down, so maybe he used too much front brake and lost the front.

Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is not me! But I saw this and found it interesting as to what his errors were. Any of the track guys care to chime in?

To me it looks like he didn’t turn in hard enough and hold his line (maybe out of feeling like he was coming in too hot? Lack of skill?) as well as you can see the upset chassis on the second one, ofc he brakes and stands it up and goes wide.
I’m thinking he applied the front brake when he rode onto the grass when you should use the rear and “ride it out”

·
Director of Moderation
10,040 Posts
First one brings back memories from this past Sunday. I made the same mistake and tucked the front end on the inside curbing :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts