Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what exhaust this is? I’m asking because i have a air/fuel ratio issue that causes my bike to hesitate in 1st gear but only when going up a hill. I don’t know if my ECU has been flashed but my thoughts on sorting it it out are 1. Buy an unflashed ECU 2. Buy a stock 06 exhaust. Or 3. Send me ECU off the next matched to what my exhaust is.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
11,161 Posts
I just checked this thread and dont see it anywhere.

How do u know u have an air/fuel ratio issue?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am assuming i have an air fuel ratio issue because this issue only happens when the bike gets up to temperature about 170f. It doesn’t do it in any other gear, it doesn’t slip out of gear. It’s like the fuel to the engine gets cut off. I checked the fuel lines and replaced the fuel pump. Still have the problem

· Super Moderator
17,036 Posts
Having a goofy can on the bike and unknown mapping, it's easy to leap onto a mapping issue..... if you have an add on PC3 or similar the quickest way to see if it's due to something there is to take it out of the circuit and see what happens just running on ECU mapping. I would expect on an '06 that it's much more likely you have a power commander or the like than a flashed ECU.

Trying to keep to the simplest issues before going for the harder, expensive options..... what does your final chain drive look like? Sprockets and chain health? Miles?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts