Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm considering redesigning the appearance of my '09 ZX6R. The first pic will by my bike as it currently is, with the second pic being my photoshopped plan. I used a stock photo for the photoshop job, so ignore the stock exhaust. I will obviously be keeping the M4 GP. I also already have blue Pazzo shorty levers even though I just changed the stock levers to be blue in the pic lol.

I welcome opinions, suggestions, criticisms... have at it.

First a couple shots of my bike...

Annnnd my plan.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and one more thing. The tail fairings have to be MATTE black. I don't envision this being cool with gloss black tail fairings. Anyone know where to find matte ones?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fair enough. Anyone else? The blue/green combo may just be a personal preference to me. I know it's heavily used on Forum snowboards tho

·
Registered
337 Posts
Your tail looks super jacked up in the first pic. Looks kinda cool tho.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Kawasaki used blue green white all the time, not really a redesign, but some visual modifications that are extremely subtle. If that's what you're after, great, if not, I'd go more outside of the box as far as redesign.

·
Registered
347 Posts
you could plasti-dip that tail fairing to get a good idea of what it would look like in person and peel it off if you hate it. I like plastidip for the purposes of checking out what color combos and stuff look like in person vs images.

Reactions: coryking226

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah maybe redesign is too strong of a word. I still want to stick with green and black mainly but play with that and maybe accentuate the blue a little bit more than solely my levers

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Don't waste money on cosmetics. Just ride it.
People silently praising your bike is not as much fun as riding.
Spend money on some fuel or oil or steel braided brake lines or crash protection/sliders or modifying your steering damper or tank grips or rear lift spools & a stand. Stuff you will use.
That's what I reckon.:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't waste money on cosmetics. Just ride it.
People silently praising your bike is not as much fun as riding.
Spend money on some fuel or oil or steel braided brake lines or crash protection/sliders or modifying your steering damper or tank grips or rear lift spools & a stand. Stuff you will use.
That's what I reckon.:)
Got tank grips and sliders for Christmas that are waiting to go on. To bad it's sub zero temps in mn right now. :rant I'm also an aesthetically oriented guy. Of course riding is more fun than gawking, but gawking ain't half bad either :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
It just looks like the tail is pointed upwards more in the first pic than in the pic of the stock bike. If you look at the angle on the actual seat and where the exhaust is at least. :O

·
Registered
55 Posts
Personal opinion but the blue throws the green off and it doesn't seem to match, but if like it and it makes you feel "bad ass" while riding, then go for it. You can always change it back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think it's cool and the blue looks good - goes down to your personal preference in the end. I would blue tape the front rim to match the blue accents and call it a day. Maybe a dark smoke windscreen but everything else looks good. Maybe a blue mirror visor on your helmet if you're looking to stand out

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It just looks like the tail is pointed upwards more in the first pic than in the pic of the stock bike. If you look at the angle on the actual seat and where the exhaust is at least. :O
yeah, I see what you mean now lol. I'm pretty sure that's coming from the angle that the photo was taken. It's leaned on the kickstand. The other stock photo is exactly straight on.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think it's cool and the blue looks good - goes down to your personal preference in the end. I would blue tape the front rim to match the blue accents and call it a day. Maybe a dark smoke windscreen but everything else looks good. Maybe a blue mirror visor on your helmet if you're looking to stand out
I dig the windscreen idea and possibly taping the front rim as well. I'm not looking to stand out to other people, just to make my machine as sexy as possible for myself.

I know that all comes down to personal preference. Its just nice to get a few other pair of eyes on it and probably think of something cool I wouldn't have thought of myself.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think your first pic is sexy as hell !!!!! I wouldn't change a thing. If I did change something I'd go with MORE green on the bottom fairings. I love Kwai green. Not a big fan of the tank grips or the blue. Of course that's Just my personal opinion though.
Marc

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Marc. I may not change anything in the end. This is still just in the "idea" phase. That's why I'm coming to you guys!

That your green Camero? Me likey. Plenty of kawi green on that beast!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Ive always liked the blue green together. Especially on the zx7.
And I dont agree with one poster about ride the bike more and dony worry about how you want it to look.
You can do two tgings at a time im sure.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts