Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NINJA- I hate how when your talking to someone and they ask what u ride and your say a Kawasaki ZX6R----and the they give you a funny look and are like is that a sport bike or...And the you say a Ninja and they all of a sudden know exactly what you ride, and now they think they know everything about bikes hahaha

ZX6R- I hate when I call insurance companies and htey ask what model? I say ZX6R.....they say ooohhh ummm YA ZX "high performance" we can insure you. Good luck on getting insurance...Or oh there is a 310% surcharge on that bike so your quote will be 12K a year lol

What do you guys hate...or did I nail them both?

Jay

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I actually like the Ninja part.

and the ZX6R part.

Only thing I don't like is the Americans calling it a 'Zee Ex 6 Ar' when it's actually 'Zed Ex 6 Ar'. This is why my mother never let me watch Sesame Street when I was a little tott; because they said Zed wrong. I'd sit there and tsk at the tv yelling 'Get it right, Bitches!'

Kidding kiddies :p

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
:laugh Like they drive Marsdars instead of Mazda's, Nissarn instead of Nissan.

ZedX sounds much better than ZeeX same as the old RZeds, RZeds, not poofy RZeees

·
Registered
23 Posts
Need to be diplomatic given number of US members on this site but I agree totaly with my antipodean compadres!!

provided it is pronouced the right way then I dont mind either - my only bug bear is that when someone who knows nowt about bikes at all hears the name Ninja - they either look confused or chuckle - they dont get the credibility that the terms carries in biking circles - philestines!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
For me,it's the way the insurance companies threat the bike(and other"performance bikes") as extreme risk. Give me a break!:banghead ,ya the bike controls how fast it go's,not the dipshit riding it!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Were is there a "d" in the letter "z"... :cuckoo :cuckoo

BTW, I only pay 450.00 a year for my insurance, and my coverage is topped out.. including uninsured motorist, theft, collision etc etc etc..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I like them both but thats just the parts I hate hwne I say what I have :D

Jay

·
Registered
503 Posts
I like the ninja bit BUT hate that it now seems so OLD.
How do all non-bikers know what you've got when you say a zx6r, they reply ' is that a ninja?' i think that goes right back to the GPz900??????

ZedX6R NOT ZeeX6R !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I say tomayto, you say tomahto... Same spelling, different pronunciation.

I can't think of any gripes with my bike. My 636 has been great to so far.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I like Ninja and ZedX6R....

I dont like ZedX636 cause people look at me funny.

I also hate talking to old timers who give me that lame look and say "only 600cc's? I used to ride a 900 in my day..."

Yeah well with 110hp in my ride and circa 40 something out of your old 900, we'll see how you go then... :coocoo

·
Registered
617 Posts

I also hate talking to old timers who give me that lame look and say "only 600cc's? I used to ride a 900 in my day..."

Yeah well with 110hp in my ride and circa 40 something out of your old 900, we'll see how you go then... :coocoo
Here,Here red_dave:thumbup

·
Registered
503 Posts
I couldn't give a toss as long as it was BLUE and went like buggery......

·
Registered
14 Posts

i'm an old timer,had a z1 900,punched to an 1105cc,it was fast...but 06 636 stomp holes in it,man what tech will do over time bro!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts