Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gettin redy to replace my tires an was think of Continental Road Attack I have some Dunlop now and they are still pretty good on the tread but when cold after work I have the hopping from the back tire

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I've not used the Conti's but I have found the Avon AV45/46ST's to work really well in the cold. I commute daily and haven't found a tire I like better yet (btw the commute in today started at 17 deg F)

·
Registered
617 Posts
My personal choice are bridgestone. If you want a performance tire I would reccomend BT-014's. If you're looking for something that will last longer I would say the 020's are the way to go.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i would recommend pilot powers..they work great in the cold and heat up pretty quick..they work wonders in the canyons...will never switch..

·
Registered
604 Posts
Pilot Powers all the way. Just put a new set on my 01.....warm up fast and very sticky....nice...will never switch also.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Pilot powers they are great for track and the street they warm up quick and grip like a mother and the bridgestone bt014 where not good to me at the track nor my friend so we both run PP and got better lap times and more confidence

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Just FYI I've used a pair of BT020's and they weren't great. Not terrible but not great. They felt really hard, both the rubber and the carcas (over bumps) and were quite bad when cold or in cold weather or in rain. The Avon ST tires do most things better and nothing worse imho:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts