Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
I'm guessing Lakehills is a reservoir, from the shape of the lake..... I like the elevation plot quite a lot. Didn't realize there was that much variation in Texas. Is that data from a dedicated device, or a phone ap?

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I'm guessing Lakehills is a reservoir, from the shape of the lake..... I like the elevation plot quite a lot. Didn't realize there was that much variation in Texas. Is that data from a dedicated device, or a phone ap?
Yes, Medina Lake is a reservoir, and Lakehills is a little community/town next to it.

Everything out west and northwest of San Antonio it called the hillcountry, and there is a lot of elevation variety and lots of twisty roads!

That data/screen is from a phone app called Rever.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Went for a ride yesterday. It was in the lower 90°s for the first part of the ride, but the last part got up to 104°. About 2/3's of the way through, I got a bit overheated and had to stop at a gas station for about 20 minutes to cool off and drink some fluids.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Replaced the crappy aftermarket clutch cable I had in there with freshly refurbished OEM clutch cable and dialed in the clutch...

So happy not crunching knuckles anymore...

Stared at a spare screen I have and wondering if there's any way to trim it down into a hugger. This wet weather we have is dirtying my bike anytime the road is wet..

Remounted the Bain of my life...the aftermarket gauge :rolleyes: bit happier..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Didn’t have time for pics as I was too busy riding, but finally added a rear seat cowl. Had one on both my ‘09’s but since getting the ‘16 I just didn’t. The wife finally had enough and bought me one although it’s coming straight back off so she can get lifts while her tank is in for spraying. Still, I know I have it now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Replaced the crappy aftermarket clutch cable I had in there with freshly refurbished OEM clutch cable and dialed in the clutch...

So happy not crunching knuckles anymore...

Stared at a spare screen I have and wondering if there's any way to trim it down into a hugger. This wet weather we have is dirtying my bike anytime the road is wet..

Remounted the Bain of my life...the aftermarket gauge :rolleyes: bit happier..

Oh and....

Got home from a +- 15 min ride with the wife after having a fun filled swearing match with each other, knocking helmets and telling her I literally couldn't go any slower without the bike falling over on its side .. like if you Stopped at a light and didn't put your feet down and just sat there like an idiot and toppled over.

Crawled down the road.. park my bike... Ripped the rear foot pegs off.. tossed them over the wall (ok, not really..put them in a box safely for some rainy day) ...but damn I really wanted to.

I was more than just a bit pissed after killing myself to get the foot peg bracket repaired. Not sure how many people have removed the entire bracket for the right side peg, not impossible..but not a fun job either. Take an Uber to a place where they could aluminium weld it for me. Put it all back together.
Stare at the shiny AGV helmet I bought her, not to mention gloves and jacket so lil "princess" is super safe and happy to ride.. finally.

All that strife and then 15 mins of wailing in my ear like a banshee.

Lesson Learned. Buying her a scooter and a car and my bike and I are never going through that drama again o_O(y)

141 - 149 of 149 Posts