Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time to get a new chain and sprockets but I don't know what brands to look at. I don't stunt or see how fat the bike can go but I want something reliable and will last. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - If anyone could point me in the right direction of where to buy them too.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
It's been forever since I bought chains 'cos I get different bikes too often. But I've always had good luck with RK, Tsubaki, D.I.D. Remember to at least get "O"-ring or "X"-ring.

The last time I ordered any was from either Dennis Kirk, or Chaparral.......don't even know if they're still in business :O

And remember:

1) lube chain hot, adjust chain cold.
2) don't use WD40 to clean your chain.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I bought these:
https://www.supersproxusa.com/our_products_stealth.php

They are aluminum around the bolt pattern for weight, and hardened steel for the teeth for strength. And the rear sprocket comes with a lifetime warranty, assuming you take care of it properly and buy your next front sprocket/chain from them. Oh, and they look fucking sweet, too.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I bought these:
https://www.supersproxusa.com/our_products_stealth.php

They are aluminum around the bolt pattern for weight, and hardened steel for the teeth for strength. And the rear sprocket comes with a lifetime warranty, assuming you take care of it properly and buy your next front sprocket/chain from them. Oh, and they look fucking sweet, too.
I'll be buying them as well here by the end of the season.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone for your input. I will be looking into it now. Kind of a sudden need so i think I am going to go a little cheaper than Renthal for now though, lol.

·
Registered
577 Posts
vortex cat5 rear sprocket (+2), vortex front sprocket (-1), Rk gold o-ring chain. good quality, look AWESOME, great performance. ski

1 - 11 of 11 Posts