Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys have seen loads of post on here about zx6r 2000 moding but not what im looking for! I'm looking to make my bike stage 3,so what are the first steps? got a powertech endcan and k&n filter i will be looking at getting and ignition advancer and jet kit also iv seen few bikes with clamp on invidual filters, how does this work?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Stage 3? :dowhat I've only heard power stages like that on turbo/supercharger kits

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Might have reword it this is what i found - Stage 3 Jet Kits

Intended for motorcycles with stock or mildly tuned engines using a well designed aftermarket exhaust pipe and individual air filters. In most cases power increases of 10-15% can be achieved. However driveability may be compromised particularly with short stroke, high rpm motors. On some modern engine and airbox designs, individual filters and proper jetting offer no performance improvement yet compromise driveability, in such cases stage 3 kits are not available.

by going from that i assume i can have a stock engine good exhaust and induvidual clamp on filters and i can buy the dyno jet stage 3 jets and get about 10% power increase?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Might have reword it this is what i found - Stage 3 Jet Kits

Intended for motorcycles with stock or mildly tuned engines using a well designed aftermarket exhaust pipe and individual air filters. In most cases power increases of 10-15% can be achieved. However driveability may be compromised particularly with short stroke, high rpm motors. On some modern engine and airbox designs, individual filters and proper jetting offer no performance improvement yet compromise driveability, in such cases stage 3 kits are not available.

by going from that i assume i can have a stock engine good exhaust and induvidual clamp on filters and i can buy the dyno jet stage 3 jets and get about 10% power increase?
Uhh I don't believe so. Think that would just be too much fuel without say a full exhaust and some engine work. Not really a pro on this stuff.

I'd send SteveZZR a PM on here if he doesn't see this soon. Guy knows his way around carbs pretty well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
allright, do you know anything else i can do to make the bike faster or handle better this is my first 600 so not sure also bike is restricted to 33bhp :( but this is coming of at summer time so over the winter im doing few things to the bike visually and performance wise just so i can get a bigger surprise when the restriction comes off, i got about extra 40mph just by fitting the k and n filter and endcan as the stock air filter o was filthy.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
allright, do you know anything else i can do to make the bike faster or handle better this is my first 600 so not sure also bike is restricted to 33bhp :( but this is coming of at summer time so over the winter im doing few things to the bike visually and performance wise just so i can get a bigger surprise when the restriction comes off, i got about extra 40mph just by fitting the k and n filter and endcan as the stock air filter o was filthy.
Wait...you have the 33bhp restriction, but you're trying to up the power of the bike so that when it gets back to stock power you want to be more surprised?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i know it sounds stupid but i do realise how powerful they are stock i have been on a stock cbr 600 before :D in my area there are a few zx6r's same as mine always smoking me so when restriction comes off i need my bike to be more powerful than a stock one it will have the looks as its going green but just needs the performance.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Yeah i know it sounds stupid but i do realise how powerful they are stock i have been on a stock cbr 600 before :D in my area there are a few zx6r's same as mine always smoking me so when restriction comes off i need my bike to be more powerful than a stock one it will have the looks as its going green but just needs the performance.
Good god. I just can't even help you. I'd say delete your account from this place and go ask a gixxer forum before somebody else on here finds this and you get torn up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everybody has different opinions and everyone seeks thrill even you if you didn't you wouldn't ride a super sports bike so there is nothing wrong with me wanting to put in some extra pony's in my bike :) just because im riding with 33hp and jumping to 110hp means nothing its the same as someone riding a 50cc moped and then going on a geared 125cc but on a bigger scale :p all im asking is for tips on how to go by making the bike more powerful as im sure alot of guy on here don't ride a standard bike.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Everybody has different opinions and everyone seeks thrill even you if you didn't you wouldn't ride a super sports bike so there is nothing wrong with me wanting to put in some extra pony's in my bike :) just because im riding with 33hp and jumping to 110hp means nothing its the same as someone riding a 50cc moped and then going on a geared 125cc but on a bigger scale :p all im asking is for tips on how to go by making the bike more powerful as im sure alot of guy on here don't ride a standard bike.
Yep, going to a 125cc is exactly the same. You seem to have it all figured out. Have you considered putting a bottle on it?

Worry about putting some extra ponies in your bike after you get used to it. I have been riding for quite a while and I have no desire for more power. I can't use all the power mine came with.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Most of the guys on here run ~2-3 hp higher bikes. Some gear them differently but very few have the means to jack up the power beyond a fuel controller and tune. They do that because the fuck do you need that extra power for? To race your buddies? How bout learning how to actually ride your bike to the limit instead of squidding out.

Oh, and it's nowhere near the same as going from a 50cc scooter to a 125.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
I used to own a 1992 Yamaha xj600 seca II
I put on full headerback yoshimura exhaust
Individual Pod K&N filters
Stage 3 jet kit

Bike ran sickkkk!

Do all those mods!

Plus if you really wanna squeeze out some more acceleration.....do a sprocket change

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I used to own a 1992 Yamaha xj600 seca II
I put on full headerback yoshimura exhaust
Individual Pod K&N filters
Stage 3 jet kit

Bike ran sickkkk!

Do all those mods!

Plus if you really wanna squeeze out some more acceleration.....do a sprocket change
Think it is a smart move to do those mods when going from a 33 hp bike?

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Think it is a smart move to do those mods when going from a 33 hp bike?
haha...well...no
In retrospect the amount of money I put into it modding plus the cost of the bike I could have picked up a decent fuel injected 03 zx6r

But...at the time it was my first bike and first love.
I picked it up for $1,000
Ended up with almost a $1000 in mods alone.
But it was a slow investment instead of shelling out 2-3k in one shot...which I did not have.

So while obviously at the moment I would not do that again, I dont regret doing it.....I still miss that bike lolz

EDIT: IM going to try and see if I can dig up some pics....it was 5 years ago. The mods really transformed the bike...completely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ok i will reconsider first i will see how it goes all stock then see if i need to spend on the extra power, zx6ixxer how did you fit the pod filters i had a look at my air box again tonight can't quiet figure out how to mount them and what to do with the breather hoses? I'm also in the same boat picked up the bike for 1000 and have spent up to 1000 on parts but this included full faring kit,endcan,grips,tyres etc also it cost be 300 to get the restriction on it as it had to be officially done.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
ok i will reconsider first i will see how it goes all stock then see if i need to spend on the extra power, zx6ixxer how did you fit the pod filters i had a look at my air box again tonight can't quiet figure out how to mount them and what to do with the breather hoses? I'm also in the same boat picked up the bike for 1000 and have spent up to 1000 on parts but this included full faring kit,endcan,grips,tyres etc also it cost be 300 to get the restriction on it as it had to be officially done.
Hmmmm I just looked it up and apparently k&n does not make one for your bike, just regular filters, no individual pod filters.

What you can do is measure the diameter on the top part of the carb body and buy ones that size, than you would have to buy a stage 3 jet kit, and adjust F/A screws and then sync the carbs. This will be a lot of work. not sure if its worth it for you -_-

If you decided to go that route you would have to re-route the breather hoses and plug some of them.

Im having a really hard time finding pics of my old bike :headbang:

·
Registered
8,727 Posts
Get an unrestricted bike?

Seems simple to me

·
Registered
2,566 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Well....on my yamaha it was very simple......there were no hoses. It was air cooled. and the airbox was attached to the carbs......thats it, no hoses...weird.

But I know on the newer kawis people do the kleen air mod, dont know about the older bikes but im assuming you can do something similar with yours? :O

Heres a link for an 05' bike
How to: KLEEN Air Mod 05-06 ZX6R COMPLETE. UPDATED : KawiForums.com Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki motorcycle forums

Again....no idea what it looks like in your engine bay so dont know if its possible.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts