Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So today I finally got to wash my bike and saw these two hoses under my bike that I didn't recognize before. Are they hanging too low? Also what are they for and are they supposed to be connected? Thanks.

·
Registered
556 Posts
They're for drainage. Some people cut them down a little so they aren't as noticeable. Don't cut them too short though, if anything does need to be drained you don't want it to get on your fairings.

I would recommend leaving it, unless seeing them really bothers you.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
They are there, so that when your bike starts getting hot, old, and leaky, the oil will drop out by teeny tiny bits onto your rear tire. Very clever the way they did this. Last year I was trying to figure out why my rear tire kept getting an oily substance on it; I almost had a couple low sides because of it.

Some mechanical work took care of things, but I have since re-routed those so that any future drips will drop on the road and not wind-spray all over my precious rear tire.

·
Super Moderator
13,177 Posts
Oh shit man, you haven't done the hose recall work?

Your bike is probably a goner, I'll dispose of it for you if you pay me the friends and family discount price of 50$.

Ey3

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Yea, leave the length. The closer to the ground the better. Less distance for any fluid to hit the ground, rather than your rear tire.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha thanks guys. I thought they were there before, I just don't remember seeing them haha.

Anyway I was just curious. I'm actually really glad I took this pic because there's a whole lot of crap under there that I probably would've missed while cleaning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts