Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nice to meet everybody! I am a closet sportbike fanatic. I've been riding about ten years. First bike was a 91 GSX-R1100. My dad got it for me on a whim. I weighed about 135 back then, that bike was 497 lbs. It fell on me a few times. I learned how to move that mammoth through NYC traffic after a while. Then I bought the 07 Zixxer I have now. That transition was like a prolonged orgasm. Hence I was a bit nuts. I had one accident about 3 years ago It was bad. It was very bad... I chilled after that...

I worked up until last year, needed a change-up so I went back to grad school, again... The industry I work in -- I'll spare you the details but picture suit, tie, cufflinks, clean-shaven, 8am-8pm Mon-Sat -- Yeah people around me are way to proper...Honestly they bore me anyways so... I don't have a lot of friends. Don't feel bad. There is a trade off there somewhere...

So I hadn't been on my bike for over a year. Last time riding was a bad experience -- involved me pulling an incredibly uncomfortable 300 mile sprint from NYC to DC to profess my love for a girl that was about to move very far away...Needless to say she stood me up and I slept next to homeless people for two nights. Finally made my way back onto the highway to head home, in the pouring rain, man that was unbelievably bad...Yes she was that hot. No really. Damn her.

So a year goes by. Everything is starting to go right again. Girl is out of my head for the most part. Moving on with life. Just finished the full tune-up this weekend, give my Zixxer a quick bath in some suds, hop on her and take off like a f**king IDIOT... and get pulled over within 60 seconds. W.T.F.

Cop threatens to put me in JAIL (real idiot) for not having my registration on me?

The kid in me wanted to spit in his face, yell "PIG" and tear out of that mofo/7-11 parking lot where we were arguing like a bat out-of hades (Think Hi-Fidelity where John Cusack is fantasizing about kicking Tim Robbins' ass...

High Fidelity Funniest Scene - YouTube

Thank god I am terrified of jail/prison..So yeah he ends up taking my plates and telling me to walk home...In other words I smiled, he left, I rode home at a modest 90mph, I googled zixxer and here I am telling you guys : ) Think I'll stay a while. I like the GUI. Thanks fellas. One Love.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The lesson here is, your bike will never break your heart. But at least you got a good story.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Wow now that's an intro! Glad to hear things are starting to go straight! Welcome

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Very interesting read and intro my friend and don't worry, i think you'll make plenty of friends here... :thumbup

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
welcome to the forum mate ......great story ......loved the video clip as ive never seen that film before .....had me howling with laughter........
you will like it here on the forum great bunch of people .......:)

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Wow a mammoth read man.. Good to have you hear ad pics if you have some to share

·
Registered
511 Posts
welcome!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts