Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going guys , went down for the first time last saturday. Pretty much was in a corner going towards the right when my front tire dumped from under me. I believe it hit a "wetter" patch of road because the road was wet and of my lean angle(nothing crazy). Anyways my knees are just scrapped and thats about it. My bike on the other hand is a little more damaged. What I have seen so far: Fairings, belly pan, mirror, lever, clutch cover, rear sets, some swingarm scratches and other minor things. I want to get the bike running again but dont really know where to start with the fairings/bellypan. Can anyone reccomend a website or Ebay seller that has pretty good fitment etc..?

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
Everyone says to make sure you get "injection-molded" fairings no matter who you go with. They seem to fit better. No matter who you go with, you'll probably have to do some fine-tuning with screw holes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Everyone says to make sure you get "injection-molded" fairings no matter who you go with. They seem to fit better. No matter who you go with, you'll probably have to do some fine-tuning with screw holes.
I had this discussion with one of the sellers and he told me that compression moulded doesn't have all the screw holes, but the injection moulded one does.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had this discussion with one of the sellers and he told me that compression moulded doesn't have all the screw holes, but the injection moulded one does.
Would you guys happen to know of any websites? whenever i search it pretty much just gives me ebay results, and I hear those are sketchy...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I found mine on aliexpress. When you put an order add a remark saying "I need injection moulded" or send an e-mail asking it beforehand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is the quote what chow mein said to me:

if you need 100% same as original part. could order injection molding
need add $55.

the compression mold is 95%-98% fitment, applies for professional bikers who can fix the small problem himself. it is cheaper , save money.
the injection quality is better. it is same as OEM 100% fitment and easy to install, applies for inexperienced bikers , or people have not time to do it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts