Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Still alittle shaken up so sorry for the rambling.

Out and about today in the twisties of VA... We hit a bad decreasing radius turn that had gravel around the mid/second apex. I tried to run the bike wide to avoid while lightly braking...Long story short, I target fixated as opposed to leaning the bike further over once I saw the debris. I was almost completely stopped on the shoulder and ended up running off (from the rider behind me).

Someones got it on video, i'll pop that up when I get it. My Rev'it Airvolution gloves are torn at the seam of my left thumb. Kinda pissed they didn't hold up better, but looking at it from the bright side, the gear did its job... Fuuucckkking A, there isn't even a scratch on my A* GPR jacket. I'll prob end up replacing my scorpion exo 400 helm although I don't feel like it hit or took any damage. Worse case I'll send it off to them and see what they say about it. I'm seeing some white scuff marks on the back so...

Lets see accident was in a left hand decreasing radius turn with a trail of gravel, The left side of my bike isn't badly damaged, I mean my fairings are scuffed up from where the bike slid and landed between the rockwall and the ditch, but its not bad enough for me to all of a sudden drop 1k for new farings yet. My shifter lever however is fucked... It basically snapped from the rear set and I also think that my kickstand on sensor thing is fucked as well... After picking the bike up and shaking it and such to reset the cpu, it didnt want to start.... Even after pushing the kickstand up and down... eventually it got it though, but starting the bike right now is still iffy. I basically had to get some one to put me into third while rolling and I rode home with shit ziptied up loll.

Sooo this will make my first real wreck. The first was when it was around 34-36 degrees outside combined with cold tires and on the bikes right hand side. Eventually, I need to look at replacing my fairings.

The next couple paychecks will def be saved and going to gear and slowly fixing shit...Please keep an eye out for me if you can... I would love to find a new complete fairing kit as well as a shift lever.

I'll post pics soon

Freshly damaged lowside.

Cowl

Rear

Linkage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5kpyWVy6IY

·
Registered
536 Posts
damn man, sorry you went down. Glad to hear you're ok though.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Sorry to hear this buddy, hope your ok tho?

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Dust yourself off, give the bike the tlc that it needs, recoup lost gear, learn from your mistake.........

And Get Your Ass Back In The Saddle!!

Glad you're ok!!

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Sorry man, get her fixed and get back out there

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Good thing u wearing GEAR huh ;)
#GEAR ftw!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Freshly damaged lowside.

Cowl

Rear

Doesn't look to bad mate, nothing a good sand down and repaint can't sort out!

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Dude you lucked out with that rash on your plastics. A good painter can fix and repaint that. I'm not sure what aftermarket plastics cost but a fix and repaint would be cheaper than OEM plastics for sure.

Looks to me like you had her pretty much slowed down before you actually ate it huh?

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Looks like the bike is not banged up so bad and still has some life left in her. Sorry to hear about the misfortune & give your body REST!! Drink plenty of water......also thank god for zip ties right? after my lowside iv always kept a little bad of um Under the seat

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dude you lucked out with that rash on your plastics. A good painter can fix and repaint that. I'm not sure what aftermarket plastics cost but a fix and repaint would be cheaper than OEM plastics for sure.

Looks to me like you had her pretty much slowed down before you actually ate huh?
From what the guys behind me were telling me, I had almost recovered and they thought I was going to swing it back on the road and continue. Where I fell, the ditch kinda drops off the side of the road into a trench, I'm assuming once my tire went off there was not saving... Thinking about it now, I prob could have hit the opposite lane and avoided the entire thing (sketchier, I know...). After further talking with the riders that normally hit that route, that particular curve has claimed alot of bikes. Give me a sec, i'll see if I can google map it.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Looks like the bike is not banged up so bad and still has some life left in her. Sorry to hear about the misfortune & give your body REST!! Drink plenty of water......also thank god for zip ties right? after my lowside iv always kept a little bad of um Under the seat
zip ties for what....there isnt even a crack?:O

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
From what the guys behind me were telling me, I had almost recovered and they thought I was going to swing it back on the road and continue. Where I fell, the ditch kinda drops off the side of the road into a trench, I'm assuming once my tire went off there was not saving... Thinking about it now, I prob could have hit the opposite lane and avoided the entire thing (sketchier, I know...). After further talking with the riders that normally hit that route, that particular curve has claimed alot of bikes. Give me a sec, i'll see if I can google map it.
hey you can look back on it a thousand times man....no sense in doing that. You'll just piss youself off more.
Whats done is done. Just do what you gotta do to move forward and get'er back on the road to enjoy the rest of the season!!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts