Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Well crap....

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  poach 
#1 ·
Last Sunday...lost ring control(get your minds out of the gutter) on #4 cylinder. Which overpressurized the crankcase...which burped a ton of oil into the airbox...which fouled the injectors causing power loss. It also worked it's way into the #2 and #3 cylinder causing massive amounts of blue smoke, a crowd pleasing 3ft gout of flame out the pipe, and a black flag...

Crap....

Good news if any? At least I shut it down soon enough that I didn't blow a hole right through the block...

#2 ·
These were snapped a couple seconds before she blew...I was just fixin' to poach a fellow staffer..

#7 ·
She's in good hands. Which is to say...not mine.:laugh

She's sitting at SoCal's preeminant race tuner West Coast GP Cycles...who also happens to be a friend, a fellow staffer, and one helluva guy,..

#8 ·
Yeah, limped it off the track off the race line. Luckily she held her mud and didn't oil down the track at all.

#10 ·
^^^yep, we deal with it all the time. Guy with synthetic goes down and oils the track...then we get to break out the kitty litter, Simple Green, and water and get to scrubbin'...

But as I said my bike was wounded, but stayed dry. Which is good because nobody, staff guys least of all, wants to be the clown who burns up other folks' valuable track time by oiling down the track...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.