Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding today and noticed an unusual noise coming for my bike. It sounds like the noise when you first turn the key before you start it. But I hear the noise when the bike is off and the key is out. It seems to make the noise every two or so minutes. Doesn't affect drivability at all and I don't hear it when riding. Any body have an idea what this could be. I removed the servo when I put a slip-on on it, and installed a servo buddy. It's and 08. Also, I installed a led brake light and it flickers when I pull the front brake in, but not the rear, so maybe it's a short, but just doesn't sound like one. I'll try to post a video when I get back home. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if it's venting. I assume it is. Would it make an electrical noise if it wasn't?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went out to check. I don't hear the noise anymore. I popped my gas cap and heard a suction noise.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Then it probably was your fuel tank venting. They do make a weird noise when it happens

Reactions: Mft624

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yeah I am going with venting mine does it when I did the clean air mod I noticed it and freaked me out
You've connected the wrong hoses if your tank doesn't vent properly anymore lol pulling a vacuum is actually exact opposite of what the tank breather's there for. Change it back

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
No I did it right just didn't notice it venting before then after I was being hypersensitive and noticed it it messed me up for a minute thats all I was saying

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yeah sorry, I did kind of guess that, it's just a bit easy to follow the trend and jump on someone who doesn't know as much as you do. Apologies

M

·
0 Posts
I noticed a weird nose today after washing my '14 636. Sounds like when you have a leaf suck in your car's AC vent, and sounds like a flapping, but it's feint and doesn't sound like it's hurting anything. But, then again, it might of already been there and I just happened to notice it today. It's all good, 300 more miles, and first service.

·
Registered
610 Posts
So is the tank venting normal and ok then? I was out on my ZX10 yesterday and I heard it when I stopped, I opened the lid of the tank and it stopped making the noise. My old ZX6 Never made that noise ever.

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
So is the tank venting normal and ok then? I was out on my ZX10 yesterday and I heard it when I stopped, I opened the lid of the tank and it stopped making the noise. My old ZX6 Never made that noise ever.
All of my cars, and many of the bikes I have owned will make a tone when the pressure in the tank needs to vent. When the tank warms up,the air inside also warms. There has to be a way to let the vapors out as it pressurizes.

If the vent lines are blocked, or partially blocked, you could pull a vacuum in the tank with the fuel pump.

If the bike runs with no problems, it's not something I'd be worried about.....

·
Registered
610 Posts
All of my cars, and many of the bikes I have owned will make a tone when the pressure in the tank needs to vent. When the tank warms up,the air inside also warms. There has to be a way to let the vapors out as it pressurizes.

If the vent lines are blocked, or partially blocked, you could pull a vacuum in the tank with the fuel pump.

If the bike runs with no problems, it's not something I'd be worried about.....
Cheers buddy thank you, it does run perfectly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts