·
Registered
7,565 Posts
What an idiot, he doesn't deserve to even have a license

Reactions: Skitch

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
zero sympathy. Avoidable wreck and that speed on the freeway makes us all look like assholes. Hope he's ok of course and that he has no severe injuries but I hope whatever suffering he goes through will teach him a lesson.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Wow that was pretty nuts. I don't know what would possess him to keep looking at the other bike for that long going that fast. Thanks for the post. Even though the lesson here seems obvious sometimes we need to be reminded of what can happen when we don't remember the basics. This is a very dangerous sport we've chosen.

Reactions: ZxRican

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
I'm not saying that the guy didn't get exactly what is to be expected given that type of behavior and lack of attention, but I don't wish that on anyone. There are people who care about the guy that camera was attached to and they would have missed him if he were gone...stupid choices or not.

I know I have made my fair share of bad decisions, but I don't think I "deserved" to die because of any of them. :O I also have lost people close to me due to poor decisions on their part. And while I don't make any excuses for them not being with me anymore, I do wish they were. We all make stupid decisions as well as mistakes sometimes. When those two things coincide it can be disastrous.

Maybe think about how you would feel if it were one of your riding buddies that happened to rather than just some random internet stranger before you post stupid shit criticizing the guy.

Edit: Feel free to check out either of these threads for people who could have potentially been involved in something similar to what happened in this video: Max Speed 13 ZX-636 or Real Pers Speed Poll

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I'm not saying that the guy didn't get exactly what is to be expected given that type of behavior and lack of attention, but I don't wish that on anyone. There are people who care about the guy that camera was attached to and they would have missed him if he were gone...stupid choices or not.

I know I have made my fair share of bad decisions, but I don't think I "deserved" to die because of any of them. :O I also have lost people close to me due to poor decisions on their part. And while I don't make any excuses for them not being with me anymore, I do wish they were. We all make stupid decisions as well as mistakes sometimes. When those two things coincide it can be disastrous.

Maybe think about how you would feel if it were one of your riding buddies that happened to rather than just some random internet stranger before you post stupid shit criticizing the guy.
Totally agree hence my wish for a lesson learned with no significant injury. EVERYONE does stupid things and some of us keep on doing them until we learn a lesson. When I was a dumb ass high school kid and even after the Army I'd get drunk as hell and drive all over the place and there's not a whole lot stupider than that. But when I got a DUI and learned my lesson without killing someone or ruining my life I was deeply thankful to my core for the opportunity to learn a lesson that easily instead of lamenting the trouble I was in. Never drank behind the wheel again.

I hope the dude on the motorcycle learned a similar lesson without too much suffering but just enough to let it sink in.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I like how you can hear his head bouncing off the pavement like a tin can rolling down the street. Glad to read he doesn't ride anymore, at least he's not too stupid to realize he's too stupid to ride a bike.:coocoo

1 - 20 of 26 Posts