Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone uses to was their matte finish bikes. I have a 2013 zx6r in matte white and I'm looking for the best way to clean it without scratching the paint

·
Registered
879 Posts
hose is fine, but oil from the chain and all that gunk will need something a little stronger. last time i had the bike disassembled i used this solvent chain cleaner spray to get rid of all the grease/oil buildup on the lower fairing. i'm running primer'd hotbodies plastics tho...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i haven't tried these, but i had a couple people suggest dish soap or baby wipes...thoughts/suggestions on that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a matte blue zx6r and i use dish soap to clean it just like all my other vehicles. If you read the ingredients between dish soap and car soap they are basically the same thing unless you get car soap with polish in it. But dish soap genuinely does the trick for me.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I have a matte blue zx6r and i use dish soap to clean it just like all my other vehicles. If you read the ingredients between dish soap and car soap they are basically the same thing unless you get car soap with polish in it. But dish soap genuinely does the trick for me.
I always use dish soap on my vehicles when I want to remove the wax I worked so hard to apply.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Dish soap is about all I've ever used on any of my vehicles - if it's save to use on everything from fine china to aluminum to stainless steel to plastic to ceramic (and the list could go on), it's fine for paint :O

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Dish soap is about all I've ever used on any of my vehicles - if it's save to use on everything from fine china to aluminum to stainless steel to plastic to ceramic (and the list could go on), it's fine for paint :O
Yes but if it is designed to remove grease it also removes wax.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I use the hose to get the grime from puddles off my lower and my front fender. Generally the rest of the bike is clean enough that I use window cleaner and a microfiber rag.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts