Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
some frame sliders. the only ones made for an 01 go through the upper fairing bolt...but hopefully they'll hold up if she tips or something.

i got some sweet pics in the parking garage though.
anybody know where i can get some "candy lightning blue" touch up paint? i hit up home depot and they tried to match it, but couldn't very well.

i didn't even adjust my mirrors for this action

grobble?

blur...i'm not actually pigeon toed (i think that's the term)

mounted

gripes! i forgot to do all my gangsta signs to show my badassness

i have really good balance...:laugh

now i gotta get pics of me doin wheelies in the braves parking lot, heh.

oh yea, and what's with those sweat bands around the from brake fluid reservior?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
sexy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Maybe buy a tank bra or get creative w/ a sticker or graphic for those scratches if you wanna be cheap about it. And DON'T go to home depot for moto paint! If I were you, I'd call a local paint shop or paint technician, see if they have the "color code" for your bike. Call untill someone has it, then pay for a them to make you up a touch up bottle, it'll be cheap. If you can't find someone w/ codes, you didn't look hard enough, but a mobile paint tech will be able to match the color by eye relatively well. It won't look perfect, but it'll be better. Check out the pics of my bike "trashed/semi-trashed 03 rr" somewhere in the pics section. Got the touch up from a mobile paint tech. (I used to be one so I cheated a little.)

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe buy a tank bra or get creative w/ a sticker or graphic for those scratches if you wanna be cheap about it. And DON'T go to home depot for moto paint! If I were you, I'd call a local paint shop or paint technician, see if they have the "color code" for your bike. Call untill someone has it, then pay for a them to make you up a touch up bottle, it'll be cheap. If you can't find someone w/ codes, you didn't look hard enough, but a mobile paint tech will be able to match the color by eye relatively well. It won't look perfect, but it'll be better. Check out the pics of my bike "trashed/semi-trashed 03 rr" somewhere in the pics section. Got the touch up from a mobile paint tech. (I used to be one so I cheated a little.)
for the tank i think i'll just use a dent remover kit and touch it up a little. that should be good enough. i'm not too anal about a couple nicks.

Thanks for the advice. So like, "porter paints" could do it?

yea, i saw your thread and that's what made me want to touch mine up...your paint looks like a perfect match.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Looking good, Bro!
The only thing Ive found for paint is a place called Color Rite.
You will need a base and top coat.
Google the name and youll find it.
The bike is looking good.
I like the chrome badges.:devious
What brand of DB screen is that? I like that too.:devious

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
No gangsta signs?

Fail.

Bike looks superb though. You got some awesome shots.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Oh and the sweat band on the reservoir is a nod to world super bike(WSB) racing practice. The main reasons are that if your bike is in an accident on the track and the reservoir breaks it won't leak everywhere as the sweat band will absorb most of it(brake fluid is very slick), and second, it helps to block the sun's rays which will eventually ruin the fluid if over-exposed.

Hope that answers it!

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
bike ie looking good and the chrome logos lookin good too

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Oh and the sweat band on the reservoir is a nod to world super bike(WSB) racing practice. The main reasons are that if your bike is in an accident on the track and the reservoir breaks it won't leak everywhere as the sweat band will absorb most of it(brake fluid is very slick), and second, it helps to block the sun's rays which will eventually ruin the fluid if over-exposed.

Hope that answers it!
Now THAT is the best answer Ive heard.
Not so sure bout the sun part of it, but sounds good.
I use mine around my shoe if I gotta wear good ones.
Keeps the shifter from scuffing up Sunday's best.:devious

1 - 12 of 12 Posts