1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all
just a reminder wear your gear dont be a tard :

so you still have skin

but even when you have gear you are not superman so know your limits dont speed :

p.s. hes dead

be safe, dont be a n00b.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I hate seeing that last one, it freaked me out the first time I saw it. Gotta feel sorry for the poor sod who had to pry his head out of the door and the traumatized truck driver who had to see that poking out the back of his vehicle. There's loads of those kind of images in the address in Raized's signature. Sure makes you think twice about speeding. And riding in general, actually.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
so you still have skin.
She rashed up her tit too, I bet it's no so pretty anymore.

Here's her take on it. http://www.speedfreakinc.com/content/articles/riding/roadrashqueen.html

Not that it matters to the guy who ran up the arse of the truck, but see why wearing proper boots is important? Look at a lot of bike crashes and you see many of the victims in damaged bare feet because their substandard footwear was knocked clean off them. I've yet to see a racer have his bike boots knocked off.

·
Registered
116 Posts
muh.....those pics lost all impact after the fifth time I seen them.....bear in mind, I wear my gear at all times, even to the neighbors :rotfl

·
Registered
156 Posts
At least the guy behind the truck wasn't as gruesome as the Taco Bell Guy who entered Taco Bell from one side and exited the other side... uh yeah w/o gears. Foot found in the ceiling. I'm not gonna post it, google it.

An acquaintance passed away Sunday night. Locked the rear on an exit ramp, bike went across 4 highway lanes and he hit the guard rail, motionless. Going there tomorrow night to do a lil memorial. It sucks! It's really heart breaking to hear news like this.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She rashed up her tit too, I bet it's no so pretty anymore.

Here's her take on it. http://www.speedfreakinc.com/content/articles/riding/roadrashqueen.html

Not that it matters to the guy who ran up the arse of the truck, but see why wearing proper boots is important? Look at a lot of bike crashes and you see many of the victims in damaged bare feet because their substandard footwear was knocked clean off them. I've yet to see a racer have his bike boots knocked off.
makes you think twice, yeah?

·
Registered
109 Posts
That darn picture still gives me nightmares.

·
Registered
73 Posts
strong dose of reality. its a lifesaving habit to gear up, anytime, everytime. i was carpooling with a co-worker yesterday on the ride home in the carpool, big ol' boat of a goldwing flew past splitting lanes, in the time it took me to look in the rear-views and back onto the road he was fishtailing and wobbling across 3 lanes going down fast. traffic had stopped and half a dozen people were on their cells by the time we slowed past the scene: he looked like he was in construction, just coming from a site, wearing cammos and a t-shirt. needless to say he didnt look good. please gear up everyone and be safe ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks to all who post warning and pics for gear and riding safe. It may seem like going overboard to some, but I would rather every second post be safety oriented than have a friend die or be badly hurt because they didn't weat their gear. Especially the new guys like myself.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow, That girls story is really something. She is a pretty girl who got on the back of an idiots bike.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
why's the guy an idiot? what i read sounded like she was just on the back and the wind was too much at a certain point..yea, he was probably speeding, but still..he didnt really do anything to make it happen other than accelerate (but not enough to raise the nose or something)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
why's the guy an idiot?
I guess it depends on where you draw the line for accepting responsibility :dunno

When I put someone on the back with me, I take responsibility for them. If they fall off it's my fault. If they don't have appropriate gear on, it's my fault. (non riding pillions.)

(I have gloves, jackets and helmets for the occassional pillion, they don't get on without gear.)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea i usually give whoever rides with me my jacket and gloves to wear, though i usually have a spare helmet on the bike.
if we are at or near my house though i have a seperate jacket and glvoes for them to wear so i can wear mine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
:rant The "Idiot" is responsible for who's on his bike. He was probably really on the throttle trying to impress the girl and if I remember right she was wearing a piece of shit helmet that probably was too big for her. I'm not saying she doesn't bear any responsibility in the accident, but the guy controlling the bike should have been smarter.

I just bought a new ZX6R, first bike in 15 years, My wife doesn't want to ride and that is fine with me. I've always hated the thought of something happening to a passenger if you would go down. I loves my wimenz and would never want to be responsible for scaring them up like that poor girl is. :coocoo

·
Registered
390 Posts
J.. c.. that pic.. really freaks me !! I was shakking on my bike cause of that pic..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Kind of makes me wonder about all those years I rode on the back of my dad's goldwing.....Always had a helmet, but I never had a proper jacket. Ohh well, I know better now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Creepy stuff. I stopped at an accident last Saturday. A guy on a zx7r swiped the side of a car on a roundabout (low speed) no idea whose fault. Guy broke his ankle. He was wearing full gear. His girlfriend on the back wasn't and she got road rash over her lower back - nothing serious, but wholly unnecessary. Nobody had the heart to slag out the guy for failing to get his lady to wear protective gear. Probably she didn't know better. Guess he's learnt his lesson.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how do you people not know any better?

this world is full of tards man

1 - 20 of 22 Posts