Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,952 Posts
I have a friend that is showing Covid symptoms after 5 people at his work tested positive. Restaurant doing 500 covers/night. Guests not required to wear masks.

Shit is about to get real everywhere, whether we like it or not.

·
Registered
13,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I have a friend that is showing Covid symptoms after 5 people at his work tested positive. Restaurant doing 500 covers/night. Guests not required to wear masks.

Shit is about to get real everywhere, whether we like it or not.
I'm sorry to hear this....

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,952 Posts
I’m super frustrated. My sister and her boyfriend and their roommate are super paranoid. They are becoming reluctant to hang out because of things like me going grocery shopping 2x/week.

I don’t know. It seems like there are at-risk populations due to their interactions. I feel like going to a place is different than being a person who works at a place where people go to.

We were all gonna go camping but I backed out because they play with my dog. And I’m not putting him on a leash at remote campsites. He stays put, but he does like to go see what people are doing.

I just don’t appreciate people judging my level of caution.

·
Registered
13,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I know I am more pragmatic than my wife.... Her medical health is so substandard that I look positively glowing in comparison. Due to her needs more than my own, I honor her concerns. If I can do that and someone else's choices do not directly impact her need to control her exposure.... Whatever. The choice is yours. Roll your own dice. No skin off my nose if you should crap out. Nothing personal in that; I respect your right to make whatever decision you choose. Doesn't matter whether I agree with it or not. Your choice.

She is far more extreme; the consequences for her are orders of magnitude higher than average. She has to look at every event with a super, super critical eye. Her neurological condition requires use of a specialized respirator every night, and frequently during the day as well. Her condition is congenital, and if she develops any sort of respiratory infection the local hospitals will (not may) not diagnose it correctly. She with die of oxygen starvation. Gasping, and in all likelihood alone.

Me wearing a mask is a small, laughably minor concession. Washing my hands? Washing anything I wore in public as soon as I come home? Maintaining space, even in open air? Hardly like any of that will cost me a kidney..... Or even a blister. I have far bigger concerns.

·
Registered
397 Posts

This is a Ford dealer in Fargo. You damn near couldnt even drive your vehicle down the lanes a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
WOW! Lots of Fords gone, they need to make some more. It has been a bit scary but around here folks are getting a bit more conscious about wearing masks. It is hard but necessary. Went to the FR races at Barber this weekend. too many wheels but had a lot of fun. It was F4, FR and Radicals with each group racing 4 times I think. The F4 group was crazy, they have mostly moved up from go karts recently and drove like it. Really exciting to watch! I have my new Canon R5 so a fun weekend. At least one thought he had a Honda Africa Twin :) Spectators were there and kept spread out so and folks looked like they were really doing social distancing.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts