Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
12,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Trying to recruit. It's a tiny field, compared to most. Toss in the clearance, and add in some really obscure requirement documents, it gets even more exclusive. The recruiters very rarely have any idea what they are looking for.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Over here in the Desert we're still bringingin just the "essential" personnel (which is me yay) and our workload has not decreased. My unit has drones and we just had our training flights turned back on for operators. I'm also going to start flying again come Monday (Blackhawks with another unit, not the drones) so I'll be even busier now. Gas prices have very barely changed and no good roads on post anyways so I'm glad I'm doing my valve clearances during this period at least.

·
Registered
12,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #105

·
Registered
329 Posts
“It seems shopping does not transmit the virus very effectively. So keep buying TP you fucking weebs.” LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
If you're trapped in a scenario where you breathe recirculated air for extended periods...... odds are greater you will contract the virus.

You can raise that to a guarantee, if you huff paint from the same bag as an infected person.....

·
Registered
465 Posts
My son tells us that it is close contact that spreads it. If you are careful - wear a mask, social distance and use hand sanitizer (wash hands when get home) it is unlikely you will get it. He is a second year resident in Montgomery where they currently have an outbreak. He currently has the night shift at the hospital and I think the only time he has to directly deal with CV patients is when they are admitted. Different areas seem to have different levels of awareness. In my neighborhood everyone is careful with social distancing, masks at the grocery store etc. Home Depot seems to be a mixture with some don't care and some careful. Went to the DMV this week and they were strict about masks - no mask no enter - one fella behind me was unhappy but he didn't get in until he got a mask. Saturday rode over to Anniston to look at a Yamaha. Mask? What's a mask seemed to the the dominant attitude there. IMO this is not as bad as some say and not as good as some say. Think there are lots of asymptotic cases out there so have to be careful since I'm in the "older" group. But hey I get to go to Costco an hour early :) went last week when it was raining during old folks hour and it was wonderful - semi deserted! Before this is over lots of folks are going to have to add on so they will have storage space for their TP. 2022 real estate listing: beautiful brick 2 story with 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 3 car garage with toilet paper storage room. About to go on a long motorcycle trip, today ordered a cup holder for when I go thru the drive-thru will have a place to set the drink while I ride to a parking space. :-|

·
Registered
12,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Al, was looking around on CycleTrader yesterday, at 900 Tracer GT. Saw a couple of them, '19 models with less than 2K miles, for 11K OBO asking price.

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
Day 83 of MN lockdown

Our dipshit moron governor keeps moving the goal posts

but more than a month ago he was pandering to hhis base of criminals and welfare recipients by allowing all the muslims to blare their call to to prayer over loud speakers and gather, yet he said all the catholic/christian churches etc could not meet

he opened up some huge ass candy store (some big donor for his political campaign no doubt) yet he keeps everything else on lockdown

Costco, Walmart, the grocery stores etc are all wide open for anyone and everyone yet every resturaunt, bar and "small" business that doesn't give to his campaign is still all closed

this past week he says well, christian churches can open but they are limited to 10 people..........wtf, it takes that many staff just to open the buildings...fucking jackass- but he still panders to the no goods and let them go unabashed and still blaring their idiotic noise pollution all over the shitbox of Minneapolis where they terrorize anyone and everyone who comes there.......... Hell the MN TWins outdoor stadium falls in that district and those fucks imported throughout the Odumbo era deliberately and maliciously attack white folk right there on the twins plaza cameras and all and nothing happens.......... Speaking of shootings, sooner or later I suspect someone with little to live for will simply walk up there loaded for bear and clean house of those fucks, rightfully so!

The moronic governor says hair saloons, nail salons etc are too dangerous and need to remain closed yet there are pictures of him at both during the lockdown

he says everyone has to wear a mask to be in public, yet 99% of the time he is seen or photographed he is simply carrying one in his hand all crumpled up

and yet he extends all his ignorance and stupidity for the scamdemic and the media continues to lie cheat and steal for him claiming what mortal danger we are all in, yet hospitals sit empty, nurses laid off by the hundreds and the only people actually dying are the very old with dozens of other pre-existing conditions in nursing homes (89% of the claimed deaths in MN, old fucks in nursing homes)......... then of course you have the fake claims...... I have had numerous customers in (nurses, doctors, lawyers and some just simpletons with parents who died fom other issues and never been tested for covid 19 yet death certificates claimed that was the casue of death)

SCAMDEMIC................ PLANDEMIC................ Everyone knows the dumbocraps and China is behind this and those who don't are idiots who shouldn't be allowed to vote ever

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,307 Posts
Scamdemic! That’s a good term. Can’t believe it hasn’t been used yet.

·
Skin Flute Master Instructor Level III
6,309 Posts
SCAMDEMIC................ PLANDEMIC................ Everyone knows the dumbocraps and China is behind this and those who don't are idiots who shouldn't be allowed to vote ever
Welp. Sig.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,307 Posts
That WOULD be epic. At the voting booth. Questionnaire about whose fault this is. If you don’t answer “China and the Dumbocraps”, the ballot gets sucked-up like a cash machine, curtains open, and a screen flashes “You’re done”.

·
Registered
12,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
My son tells us that it is close contact that spreads it. If you are careful - wear a mask, social distance and use hand sanitizer (wash hands when get home) it is unlikely you will get it. He is a second year resident in Montgomery where they currently have an outbreak. He currently has the night shift at the hospital and I think the only time he has to directly deal with CV patients is when they are admitted. Different areas seem to have different levels of awareness. In my neighborhood everyone is careful with social distancing, masks at the grocery store etc. Home Depot seems to be a mixture with some don't care and some careful. Went to the DMV this week and they were strict about masks - no mask no enter - one fella behind me was unhappy but he didn't get in until he got a mask. Saturday rode over to Anniston to look at a Yamaha. Mask? What's a mask seemed to the the dominant attitude there. IMO this is not as bad as some say and not as good as some say. Think there are lots of asymptotic cases out there so have to be careful since I'm in the "older" group. But hey I get to go to Costco an hour early :) went last week when it was raining during old folks hour and it was wonderful - semi deserted! Before this is over lots of folks are going to have to add on so they will have storage space for their TP. 2022 real estate listing: beautiful brick 2 story with 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 3 car garage with toilet paper storage room. About to go on a long motorcycle trip, today ordered a cup holder for when I go thru the drive-thru will have a place to set the drink while I ride to a parking space. :-|

I realize that asking for your son's observations concerning workload would be considered tainted in some way by some parties. I am not on a first name basis with medical personnel. Third party via someone who I have come to trust is as good as it gets. One location does not extrapolate well to a population of more than 300 million.

Yet, it's a more salient point than random ranting.

1.). Is the hospital he is working at reducing staff?
2.) Is the patient load well below typical levels?
3.) Of the patients at his facility, what percentage are confirmed covid carriers?

·
Registered
688 Posts
All of the medical places here are question screening and temp checks at the door still. In some interactions with nurses etc. there is always someone that needs to touch you to talk to you. I already dislike people that need to be inches from you to talk . Elevators have practice social distancing signs and still packed like a can of sardines.

Costco had no ground beef last time I went. Kroger has improved with available items. Lowe’s and Home Depot resemble Xmas shopping crowds. Walmart .... I am lost in this place and seldom go. In any shopping I do I want to go early so I can get it out of the way. The change in hours screws me up.

(who can answer a battery question?)

·
Registered
465 Posts
RJ2112 - looked at a Tracer 900 last weekend and was very tempted. It was an hour ride away so had time to contemplate. LOL thought about it and decided to punt and go on a trip as I have a window of opportunity the next three weeks. After thought and checking availability settled on Utah as a final destination. Going thru Arkansaw, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming and into Utah. Have 2 nights in Moab. On the way back going to Debois Wyoming for a couple of days so hopefully can ride over to the Tetons for the day. I may ride thru part of Colorado but won't stay there. When first looking tried to go thru Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico but New Mexico is closed. Except for two nights will be tent camping, meals will be curbside and drive-thru. My older daughter thinks I'm nuts - she may be right but this isn't the reason. August/September hope to go back to Idaho and over to California. @fiverszzr will still be locked down so can't go to MN :-(

My son is a 2nd year resident and I think working admissions at the hospital. He is busy working 7 to 7 nights. A while back he did say they had sent a lot of folks home but since he is Family Practice and a resident he has had plenty to do. Earlier in the year he did an OB rotation, babies come regardless of a pandemic. He isn't directly involved with the CV unit but is involved with CV patients as they come in. I haven't talked with him about how it is going this week as Montgomery has become a hot spot. From what I hear their ICUs are at capacity but there is a lot of capacity in Birmingham and other cities if needed. I worry about him having so much exposure but know he is careful. Talked to a nurse who works at a walking clinic. Said they have lots of folks come in and wind up being positive. They have several doctors and nurses who have caught it. Think hospitals are doing a better job of taking precautions. In time we will work out good methods in prevention. Went to Harbor Freight today, they had the plexiglass shield and had a big stack of boxes at the checkout so I was forced to stand away! Obviously quickly put together but worked. I'm not eating in a restaurant for a long time but will get take out.

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
you could have came to MN still, my backyard has room for a tent and besides............. fuck the gubmint assholes!

although remember like 6 weeks ago when gas was 99cents here, now it is all over $2.00 gallon again...............

your trip sounds like fun, I would love to get 3 weeks off about now...........been crazy fucking busy for 2 months straight now with no end in sight, already booked out to the end of first week in June and I sent the racers who keep making their crisis and lack of planning, well they constantly turn it into my crisis so I boxed up their shit and put it to the curb.......
I am done working on their schedule and I feel great about it and wish I had done that 2 years ago.......

101 - 120 of 121 Posts