Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

81 - 100 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
The powers that be would like you to panic, it enhances their power and control over the population.

Mark
Seems like too much work this late. I just sat down with some hot cider. I'll panic tomorrow, first thing instead.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Coronavirus Police:

Here in the U.K. we have been told to stay at home and only go out for essentials – shopping for basic necessities, any medical need, travelling for work purposes - but only where you cannot work from home and one form of exercise a day.

The U.K. Police have been “reminding” people that they should be at home if they are seen out gathering in Parks etc. I have also seen motorists being pulled over and questioned, although it seems to vary over different Counties, or Constabularies.

Has anyone been stopped and questioned by the Police when riding their motorbike? What country were you in, and what area?

What did they say, and was any action taken?

Pip

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Coronavirus Police:

Here in the U.K. we have been told to stay at home and only go out for essentials – shopping for basic necessities, any medical need, travelling for work purposes - but only where you cannot work from home and one form of exercise a day.

The U.K. Police have been “reminding” people that they should be at home if they are seen out gathering in Parks etc. I have also seen motorists being pulled over and questioned, although it seems to vary over different Counties, or Constabularies.

Has anyone been stopped and questioned by the Police when riding their motorbike? What country were you in, and what area?

Pip
Wrong side of the pond to help with your question..... knowing how many LEOs are infected with COVID-19 in NYC, you'd think the last thing anyone would want them to do is get within 6 feet of anyone they didn't have to......

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Coronavirus Police:

Pip
A group of 7 joy riders on motorcycles from MN were riding in WI last weekend and they got stopped and told to turn around and go back to MN, when a couple of them put up a fuss, the jackweed called backup and a tow truck and towed away those 2 guys motorcycles...no tickets, but those guys had to go home get truck and trailer and go back and pay the tow and imppound of $360 to get their motorcycles back

MN has some reports of cops issuing tickets even though "driving for pleasure" is acceptable by the dipshit governors "shelter in place" order......... which he just extended until May 5th- fucking loser asshole!
but those MN cops doing so have tacked that charge of violating a stay at home order on top of other charges, it hasn't been the only charge
I have no doubt any sane reasonable judge would dismiss the charge with simply bringing in the actual "shelter in place" order paperwork and pointing out specifically the paragraph stating driving for pleasure is acceptable
but you know- all the dipshit leftist asshole judges are just as bad as the rest of the fucked up gubmint assholes.......
So one would likely need to hire an attorney and shell out a couple grand to walk away from the misdemeanor charges carrying up to $1000 fine and upto 30 days in jail
meanwhile those same retards are letting prisoners out of prison citing, they need to because coronavirus.........fucking DUMBOCRAPS- too fucking many dumbocraps!!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Ok now I’m really getting frustrated lol..taxes or not I cannot see why the west coast is barely lowering the prices on gas. Still $2.80+ most places. It has maybe gone down .20 cents since before the virus. If taxes are so high here, then why wasn’t gas way more when everything was normal?
For the record, I get 11mpg in my old Escalade with the 5.7 vortec hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
That really makes me want to fill a swimming pool with premium....
too much evaporation and contamination ;)

better to just go buy a gas station that is up for sale and fill the existing tanks for your own private use the rest of your life.......

Reactions: Scorpi0 and RJ2112

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Ok now I’m really getting frustrated lol..taxes or not I cannot see why the west coast is barely lowering the prices on gas. Still $2.80+ most places. It has maybe gone down .20 cents since before the virus. If taxes are so high here, then why wasn’t gas way more when everything was normal?
For the record, I get 11mpg in my old Escalade with the 5.7 vortec hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I saw some .999 fuel on the rides this past Sunday and Tuesday......... if we look at the fed and state tax on fuel accounting for a little over .50 cents of that and the law says fuel stations have to make at minimum .10 per gallon profit, that means at most....the very most.... those stations are actually paying for the fuel itself is .40 cents per gallon

I once heard several years ago that it was only costing service stations about .48 cents per gallon when it was for sale at 2.699 and the gubmint steal amount (taxes) hasn't changed much, so back then they were making more than $2 per gallon profits
when the Kwik Trip near me averaged 1800 vehicles a day (lets just guess the average per vehicle is about 8 gallons) that means they would be going through somewhere around 14,000-15,000 gallons per day

that would have been around $30,000 per day in gross profits off fuel alone, then add in the in store purchases.......

lets just best guess around $40,000 a day in gross profits, what is their overhead and employee costs?... at most what, $100,000 per month?

On another note......... Anyone have their auto insurance carrier contact them about lowering their rates during this Coronavirus shutdown????????

I mean most people are surely driving far less than usual, shouldn't you be rewarded for that?

·
Registered
710 Posts
So I saw some .999 fuel on the rides this past Sunday and Tuesday......... if we look at the fed and state tax on fuel accounting for a little over .50 cents of that and the law says fuel stations have to make at minimum .10 per gallon profit, that means at most....the very most.... those stations are actually paying for the fuel itself is .40 cents per gallon

I once heard several years ago that it was only costing service stations about .48 cents per gallon when it was for sale at 2.699 and the gubmint steal amount (taxes) hasn't changed much, so back then they were making more than $2 per gallon profits
when the Kwik Trip near me averaged 1800 vehicles a day (lets just guess the average per vehicle is about 8 gallons) that means they would be going through somewhere around 14,000-15,000 gallons per day

that would have been around $30,000 per day in gross profits off fuel alone, then add in the in store purchases.......

lets just best guess around $40,000 a day in gross profits, what is their overhead and employee costs?... at most what, $100,000 per month?

On another note......... Anyone have their auto insurance carrier contact them about lowering their rates during this Coronavirus shutdown????????

I mean most people are surely driving far less than usual, shouldn't you be rewarded for that?
Allstate, geico, farmers were in the news for offer of refund or reduced rates.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Maybe someone should buy several of these.........lol but only hold 30 gallons each

$99/30 gallons adds about $3 per gallon to your cost until you sell these when you are finished.........

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Fuel is already on the rise here, despite trading at -$40 something a barrel on Monday.........

back up to $1.249 at that same fuel station that was @ .999 just 2 weeks ago (local to me it is @ $1.399 for the shitty stuff or $2.199 for the good stuff- seems to have bottomed there)

So latest on this covid 19 bullshit ........

It sucks, I am being forced into taking in more bikes I would otherwise say FUCK NO to allowing on site since the calls and inquiries are about half of a normal "spring"............... I still am doing plenty of work and busy, just sadly on more shit bikes than good bikes.........

It all changes tomorrow though............ I am booked out with an appointment or two everyday for the next 13 days and everyone of them is a well kept good bike I have worked on atleast once before.............woofuckinghoo, about damn time...

see my page- you'll see the last pile o shit I allowed in

the previous pile o shit before that is still hogging up the other lift awaiting oe parts to arrive sometime this week....

here is to no more shit bikes for atleast 2 weeks!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
It's not bad here, I've been out driving a few times and traffic is lighter than normal on main roads but neighborhood traffic is way down. I ride my scooter a lot as it's kind of fun around the neighborhood with 25 and 30 mph speed limits. I have to make a couple of essential food runs every week. Mobile oder Chick-fi-A lunch or milkshakes and take them to my grandkids. Son-in-law charges one milkshake per delivery :) daughter would but she is lactose intolerant. We sit outside and enjoy the milkshakes - it's gotten so bad I took something over yesterday and she asked my where her milkshake was. They are 6 but she is the devious/clever one. Chick-fil-A is nice as they have well designated spots and it's easy to do a mobile order - in the vehicle description they have motorcycle which is close enough for my scooter. Also make grocery store runs on the scooter. Can fit lots of cans under the seat. For the last month I've been 3D printing face shield parts and then mask straps - goes behind neck and the ear straps fasten to it so they are not aggravating ears. We have meeting places to drop the finished pieces off. Another car trip. Have done curbside pickup for essential birthday present for my wife - again on the scooter. Rainy days and just before closing are my grocery store times. In general people are pretty good and relaxed here with most wearing masks in public and being cautious. Driving around the neighborhood have to be careful for neighborhood kids out on bicycles. Don't see why I couldn't go take a long day trip on my motorcycle, did one 80 mile look the other day. I'm itching to get out on a long trip on the motorcycle so hoping for a relaxing of stay at home in the western states like Nebraska, Wyoming and the Dakotas. Don't really care what the east coast and Michigan do cause I'm not going there.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,706 Posts
Rush hour traffic in Phoenix is virtually non-existent

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Glad there's a light in the tunnel for you, Lloyd. My business unit is cutting the majority of the contract employees at the end of the week. If things don't change in the next couple of months....

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
The really f'd up part of this for me, is I'm now getting hit with multiple inquiries a week concerning jobs. PA, MA, NV, all in the last week..... Wtf?

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
The really f'd up part of this for me, is I'm now getting hit with multiple inquiries a week concerning jobs. PA, MA, NV, all in the last week..... Wtf?
trying to recruit you or trying to find a job for themself?

81 - 100 of 144 Posts