Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Vipers are a budget can. Good if that's all you can afford BUT not in the same league as a two brothers, D+D, Leo Vince, Akra etc etc.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vipers are a budget can. Good if that's all you can afford BUT not in the same league as a two brothers, D+D, Leo Vince, Akra etc etc.
It's not that its "all I can afford".
I just like to be a good steward of the green, if ya know what I mean.
But, most of all....I HATE the "brand name" hype to "fit in"!!!!:rant

·
Registered
503 Posts
Woah boy!
Didn't mean to offend by calling you a cheapskate! I too don't go with all the "labels". My last system, i had all the branding removed!
By Budget, i meant, you can tell on close inspection that the attention to detail and build quality isn't there.
Like i said, Vipers are a fine can for the money and will do the job you need.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I enjoy the new sound and slight performance improvement, and for me it was about money.
That's what Im thinkin.
BUT, now I gotta get some rubber!
I dont know what happened or how, or really even when it happened.
I got a slice all the way across my rear tire!
It is almost 1/4" deep.
If I thought someone was out to get me, Id think it was cut.
It just looks too jagged to be a knife cut or anything like that.:dowhat

So now Im in the market for some tires. (gotta get both ya know)
These tires are the ones that came with the bike in 01 and gettin a bit hard and slick. So they need to be replaced. I just did not want to do it right now. I was going to try to go one more summer.
(our summers will make ANY tire sticky):)

Im looking at some Dunlop Qualifiers, Michelin Pilot Powers or some Continental Road Attacks.
Its looking like Ill go with the Qualifiers. I get a much better deal on those.
We'll see.

Ssoooo....the can is out for right now.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I had a D+D on my '99 G2, it was BEST can i've ever had! Ceramic internals meant it NEVER lost power when hot, as some cans can do, betcha didn't know that! Fit and Finish was good too. Loved that can till it met an untimely death at Cadwell Park!

I take it that D+D isn't that highly regarded in it's home country then, how wierd....

·
Registered
900 Posts
My J1 came with a Viper can and the stock in a box, the Viper sounds awesome really deep and throaty, with it on you can't hear the induction roar also I think one of the previous owners must have had it set up for the Viper as it runs rough on the stock can.
Quality wise the Viper is not bad build wise, it has no markings to say not for street use, but doesn't have any conformity stamps. As far as I aware now in UK you can get away with a can like that... or can you?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts