Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
How in the world did you figure that out from the video? I'm guessing you actually were there and saw him afterward or have already talked to Lowcel. Otherwise you're some kind of clairvoyant....
From the looks of it, I'd say he also has a swollen knee, sore shoulder and sore ribs.

-Ricky

P.S. Hope you get better soon man! good luck with the recovery and don't try to rush it.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Ack, sorry to hear about this bud and I hope that you heal quickly. Broken bones suck but at least the heal time is pretty short.

As for the crash itself, it looks as if you were still giving it bar input to complete the turn when you got on the gas.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ack, sorry to hear about this bud and I hope that you heal quickly. Broken bones suck but at least the heal time is pretty short.

As for the crash itself, it looks as if you were still giving it bar input to complete the turn when you got on the gas.
People have a few thoughts on it. There is a dip in that spot and it's possible the ass end got light as I accelerated. It's possible the rear tired just slid some. One CR says he thought I hit oil. Your thought is also possible.

I'm not disagreeing with any opinion. I think that the tire got loose while I was accelerating and then caught traction. How that happened I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
I run Pirelli Superbike Pro's with warmers.
A buddy of mine went down on those a couple of years ago and totalled out his 675. He swore he would never run them again. He was following me and I got it on my rear camera. He lost the front though. The SuperBike race tires are awesome though. That's what I won my first race on.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
1 to 10, how hard were you pushing it? Just asking cuz it doesn't look like you were going full moto gp either.
I was going pretty hard. Lower to mid advanced pace.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
253 Posts
I feel for you. I broke my lower Fibula just above the ankle a couple of years ago following a highside.

I've seen a few videos posted recently where people have crashed on "track day slicks" (Pirelli Superbike Pro's and Metzeler Comp K's). Was considering using them myself once upon a time, but not anymore! I'm sure loads of people use them with no issues, but I'm happier on race rubber.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Pretty colors.

Out of curiosity, what kind of boots were you wearing? Not sure if it would matter but more of a survey kind of question. I use Sidi ST Air boots and I feel pretty solid in them.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Out of curiosity, what kind of boots were you wearing? Not sure if it would matter but more of a survey kind of question. I use Sidi ST Air boots and I feel pretty solid in them.

I had my back up boots, Sidi Fusion Airs, unfortunately. My A*'s are being sent in for repair. Talk about bad timing.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts