Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant believe it. My bike tipped over in the shed and landed on my lawn mower :banghead Minor damage to the mid fairing on the right side (upper corner) and a little paint chip on the side of the tank. I was able to clear it up a bit with my Meguirer's paint cleaner, but the damage is done. CRAP!!

Two questions:
1. Anyone know anybody good in the Austin area that does minor fairing repair?
2. Anyone have a solution to this already?

I Googled "ZX6R kickstand too long" and came up on a thread on KawiForums where someone mentioned that the ZZR 600's kickstand will fit a ZX 6R, and it is one inch shorter. From reading the thread that has not been confirmed, so...

I'll continue to search and let everyone know what I find.

In the meantime PLEASE BE CAREFUL PARKING YOUR BIKE!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the two threads I found, just FYI:

http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=85522

http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=86938

also here is a link to the "supposidly" shorter stand of the ZZR

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/400_0583/stands/stands.cfm

Guys, the one thing I did not see on both the above threads is if someone with an '05 ZZR measure their stand.

Could someone do this so we can confirm it over here on N6Z?! I'll measure the length of my stand and post it tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Unlucky Hood! Bet you were spiting chips. How did it tip over? Got any pics of the damage? I didn't know the 07 kick stands were made too long for the bike. My bike is lowered an inch and half and I still have the stock stand. It makes the bike stand a hell of a lot more upright but she hasn't fallen over yet (Uh, except for when she was 2 weeks over and she 'fell' into a brick wall). Sorry to hear about your mishap, it's certainly not something that makes your day, that's for sure. Hopefully someone here can measure it for ya.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unlucky Hood! Bet you were spiting chips. How did it tip over? Got any pics of the damage? I didn't know the 07 kick stands were made too long for the bike. My bike is lowered an inch and half and I still have the stock stand. It makes the bike stand a hell of a lot more upright but she hasn't fallen over yet (Uh, except for when she was 2 weeks over and she 'fell' into a brick wall). Sorry to hear about your mishap, it's certainly not something that makes your day, that's for sure. Hopefully someone here can measure it for ya.
Yeah, I try not to let things like that bother me, but man is this testing my resolve. It tipped over when I was trying to break the engine mount bolt on the left side to install my (of all things) frame sliders. Being weary of the stand from the beginning, I should have known better, but any other stand would have held up just fine. I'll take pictures tomorrow. I just don't want anyone else to fall victim.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So this is only on the 2007 models? Or is your bike lowered some? No problems with that on my 2005. One way to avoid this when working on the bike is to get spools and a rear stand.

·
Registered
166 Posts
No this i find intresting, i use a rear wheel stand, when garaged but in future this could be a problem as i have noticed my bike sits higher than the Yamaha's for example, maybe a cut and reweld is in order if a shorter stand is not available to buy.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So this is only on the 2007 models? Or is your bike lowered some? No problems with that on my 2005. One way to avoid this when working on the bike is to get spools and a rear stand.

As far as I know, only '07s. And yeah, you're right about the rear stand, but that does me no good when I'm out and about though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are the pictures

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, and the length of the kickstand on the '07 ZX-6R is 10 3/4".

Could someone get the measurement on the '05 ZZR 600.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn. :( :bawling

Any pics of the mower?

naa, but the handle got bruise pretty bad, a lot worse than the bike. I had to hammer the locking plates at the bottom of the handle to put the handle back in place, and yes, it has red paint scratches. But she'll be okay. :)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i feel your pain buddy. my girlfriend tipped my 07 over and i got some nice scratches on the left lower fairing. [right onto concrete]. women ...

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
that sucks...good luck with the fixing

but, wow, if my paint was in that good condition, even after the tip over, i'd be very happy :lol:

then again, mine isn't an 07..well, shit happens i guess

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's the first thing I changed on mine. I do have a rear stand but I had to look for a sloping spot in the street to park because the 07's kickstand is slightly longer.

You can use 2005-2007 ZZR600's kickstand, or 2002 ZX6R's (might be the same from 98 to 2002).

I had an adjustable aluminum kickstand from my other Ninja. Work's perfect. Now that bike leans more.

You don't have to get the whole assembly, just get part #34024. Ebay.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
i feel your pain buddy. my girlfriend tipped my 07 over and i got some nice scratches on the left lower fairing. [right onto concrete]. women ...
My boyfriend tipped his own 07 GSXR over and got some nice scratches all over the fairing. Onto concrete. I laughed. Men...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's the first thing I changed on mine. I do have a rear stand but I had to look for a sloping spot in the street to park because the 07's kickstand is slightly longer.

You can use 2005-2007 ZZR600's kickstand, or 2002 ZX6R's (might be the same from 98 to 2002).

I had an adjustable aluminum kickstand from my other Ninja. Work's perfect. Now that bike leans more.

You don't have to get the whole assembly, just get part #34024. Ebay.
Awesome. Thanks!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My boyfriend tipped his own 07 GSXR over and got some nice scratches all over the fairing. Onto concrete. I laughed. Men...
:spit:

.... and Quarkz....you're a she... :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts