Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hei all friends.
I live in Norway and are planning to take vacation in America in december and rent a bike (Ninja of course) and go to California, but how is the weather there in december or should I go other places?
And where in California is it good to go for a ride?

Mvh
G

·
Registered
311 Posts
well I would say that if you want to ride, cali is the best bet this time of year. Not sure where in cali you should go though.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Yeah but far Northern California is likely to be a snowy that time of year. :(
seriously? :coocoo Maybe if you're going farther north than SF (which isn't that great for riding even during the summer).

in the mountains maybe...:O I'm from SF...it does not snow unless you're 6000+ ft (and that's being REALLY conservative). You could do San Diego to SF along the coast really easily. It may not be the best weather CA has to offer, but probably the warmest in the US outside of Texas and Florida.

Pashnit has some great roads. Definitely look at those. I could give you a solid 300 mile loop to do near Santa Barbara/Ventura. Hwy 1 is gorgeous, Big Sur is a must on a bike. There's great roads in the SF/Bay Area, as well as Santa Cruz. I'm sure some of the more SoCal oriented folks can chime in about LA and SD.

-:banana

1 - 5 of 5 Posts