Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

This is my first vacation I'll be taking this year, not to mention my first ever vacation while owning my bike. Ive never been out of the PA/Ohio/WV area, and I would love to take a nice long trip somewhere next week on my bike. I was thinking riding down to Virginia and visiting some sites there. Does anyone have any ideas for an awesome vacation-type ride on the East Coast that would start in Western PA?

Thanks!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Skyline drive down in VA is very nice...

·
Registered
553 Posts
you could get on skyline at Front Royal VA and run it into the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way down to Deals Gap NC and run the dragon! Long ride but definately worth it.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
If it were me, I'd pick out a few things you'd like to see/ride and frinds to visit and just go. Ride whatever road suits you, stop where ever you like and just enjoy yourself. I've ridden up and down the east coast and half way accross the country the other way, but always have the most fun when I have no solid deadline or route and can just ride and explore and not worry about a thing:)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys at work told me about that Blue Ridge Parkway, said it's amazing scenery and a hell of a ride. I'm leaning towards that!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
BRP is very pretty, but heavily policed and often has a bit of traffic. Great for a scenic ride, not really a place you can ride hard and fast (but I'd argue that's true for most all public roads), Dito for the dragon.

·
Registered
956 Posts
We would just head West until we hit the coast.. or get lost in Napa.. and find our way back a few days later.. I'm sure you could just pick a direction and head that way and get lost for a few days! Or head West to CA... LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts