Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2007 zx6r a couple a months a go and I love it but while I'm doing work on it noticed a part that I've never seen before on a bike and was wondering if any of you knew? If you do can you let me know what it is and what it is for. Much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Yeah, looks like an alarm receiver or possibly a GPS tracker. I agree that that is not part of the bike. Peel that tape off and see if there are any identifying marks on it:O.

Edit: Sorry, took a second look and it appears that it isn't wrapped in electrical tape.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what I thought that it was an extra thing lol I disconnected it a while ago and haven't had an issue or a problem so I'm good thanks everyone.

Even mister anal probe lol

And it's just a flat black smooth thing no marks on the connection.

·
Registered
14,219 Posts
I bought a 2007 zx6r a couple a months a go and I love it but while I'm doing work on it noticed a part that I've never seen before on a bike and was wondering if any of you knew? If you do can you let me know what it is and what it is for. Much appreciated.
Anytime I see an alarm/tracking type of gizmo on a bike that has changed hands, and no one bothered to mention it; that would make me a bit nervous.

I would hope you have a good bill of sale, title, and had no problems registering the bike?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it through a dealership so everything was solid but I disconnected it along time ago so I'm not worried. When I take it to get worked on im going to ask the guy to look over the wiring and see what was added on haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts