Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any pointers for changing the spark plugs? we cant seem to get to them and we don't know the size of socket we need, i would greatly appreciate a fast response thanks, its for a 98 zx6r.!! thanks!

·
Registered
393 Posts
find the sparkplug your changing them out with.
and put them in a socket to find the right size.

and on mine, i had to tke the radiator off.
along with the tank.
they can be a pain.

hope that helps

·
Registered
227 Posts
18mm

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
get a sparkplug socket that has a piece of foam in it so they don't drop out and it's 5/8" socket

no real pointers to give other than to put the socket on the extenstion, then put that down the hole and then attach the ratchet after the socket/extension is connected to the plug, it'll take about 20 minutes

·
Registered
26 Posts
get a sparkplug socket that has a piece of foam in it so they don't drop out and it's 5/8" socket

no real pointers to give other than to put the socket on the extenstion, then put that down the hole and then attach the ratchet after the socket/extension is connected to the plug, it'll take about 20 minutes

I find that on my ZX6R it works the best with the tank off. After that I use a short extension on the socket with a universal joint then a longer extension. That setup will allow you to get enough bite to loosen the plugs and not have to rip the bike apart. Good luck :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
i took off the tank and the airbox and it was mad easy...your bike comes with a tool set from kawi and i used their spark plug socket...fit right in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts