Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2000 J1 and despite fitting braided hoses, overhauling the calipers and thoroughly bleeding the system the brakes still feel too spongy. I'm now thinking of replacing the front master cylinder. I would like an all-singing all dancing adjustable Brembo but doubt that I can afford it. Does anyone out there know if a master cylinder set-up from a later model or different bike is more effective and can be used?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
i had one from an r6 i think it was from a 2006 model ,how are you bleeding brakes ?a friend on here told me a good way and it works really well

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
another good think to do is chuck them 6 pot tokicos in the bin as there shite,i got some nissin 4 pots ,i had to strip them tokicos down every 6 months ,scoobs done a thred on them on here he told me about the mod ,best thing i ever done,you can get them at a good price to

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the sound of the Nissin 4pots. Are there any specific ones and do they bolt straight on? I will be visiting ebay shortly methinks...

·
Registered
827 Posts
1200 bandit nissin 4pots and a 2005+ zx6r master w/stainless lines is what im running on my J trackbike and is a popular upgrade

R6/r1 i belive have brembo mc's stock, prettymuch any radil master is going to be an upgrade

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
the only thing is the banjo bolts are a different thred size,when you get the nissins get the banjos for caliper as the tokico ones wont fit.also with the r6 master cylinder you will have to get the lines made to fit as the zx6 master the outlet is on the side,as for the r6 master the outlet is at the bottom of master cylinder

1 - 8 of 8 Posts