Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
After looking at my vin number, I have discovered that my bike is actually a U.S. model rather than a UK model, I have noticed that the headlight beam pattern isn't the same as a UK bike, are there any other differences I should be aware of?

Bike in question is a 1996 zx-6r F2

so far I have noticed:
-beam pattern
-lack of sidelight

Also am I right in thinking that this model shouldn't have a headlight "on/off" switch? Mine doesn't and the headlight comes on once the bike is started.

Thanks in advance

Jonno

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
'Murica!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
US models do not have head light switches. You should change your headlights though. I'm surprised you got a tag or MOT or whatever they call them over there. I thought they checked headlight aiming in that process and yours should fail.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
My headlights are adjustable....

·
Registered
178 Posts
The bike probably has a better dental plan...
Cheeky hillbilly.
That's a compliment btw.
I think my teeth are falling out .
Meanwhile the hillbilies in Texas are shooting, riding quad bikes and driving v8s, drinking bud lite I.e. Living the good life, all the while with nice teeth.well, that was my experience there last year.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
US is better!!!

oh, that's not what you were asking about? Sorry, I only read the title...Oh well :O

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
US models do not have head light switches. You should change your headlights though. I'm surprised you got a tag or MOT or whatever they call them over there. I thought they checked headlight aiming in that process and yours should fail.
It was imported brand new apparently, it's been getting its mot test fine ever since, the beam doesn't dazzle anybody it just doesn't "flick up" on the left like UK lights do.
I am contemplating changing the headlight though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts